• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6tl battery dead

txmytx_catahoula

Boy, when these military batteries die...........they DIE!!! The second and last of my M1009's original 6tl's died yesterday, I guess it should have been expected as it had a Jan 06 date stenciled on it. This battery, as did the first one, died without warning. One start they were fine the next, NOTHING. What was the old saying, "the summer wounds the battery and the winter kills it"? Well any which way, I've got two group 31's in place and everything is back to normal.:D

Darwin T

i am running Optima's as i replace the ones that came in my trucks. i had 2 of the military batteries go south last month. working on the new plastic battery box right now.

Darwin T

so far it has only been my deuces that the batteries have gone out in and i use the new plastic battery boxes that are for the dueces. i do add the addapter bases that make the bottom and the height the same as the military batteries.

jwaller

I've had many 6TL's die but for the cost of them new I don't mind putting them back in. You simply can't get the reserve capacity they have for the price. I get them for $155 at Orielly and the optima's are $189 and $199.

I have learned though, if I'm not going to be running the truck every day I have solar chargers I'll put on them so they stay topped off.

Not the solargizer POS, a real charger.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks