• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6x6 Willys Jeep

Mitymac

I was at the Western Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion last weekend in Rollag, MN, supposedly the nation's largest of steam power demonsrations. I met this fellow with his cool 6x6 Willys Jeep. It is titled as a 47. He built most of it and did a nice job. Thought maybe you guys would like to see it also. He said it is for sale. I asked if we can also display miltary as there were other such toys there. He said yep! There was also one of only several hundred working tracked rigs like this.

Attachments

tstone

There is a small group of us gathering this weekend at the Arcadia Steam and Gas Engine Show in Arcadia Maryland (September 16-19). We generally have a showing of about 8 to 10 millitary vehicles in the show. Check out the site
marylandsteam.org. you will find some of the vehicles in the photos of the 2009 show. Camping is free and there is always a great time for anyone intrested in old mechanical stuff. You are welcome to PM me if you are intrested.

BillIdaho

When I was a kid growing up in Central Illinois, near Peoria, my dad would drag me to these things called "thresherman reunions". I was about 14, in the late 1960's, and had other things in mind. I hated going. We could always tell where they were, because the towns were usually 5-10 miles apart, separated by cornfields. We knew where we were going by the plumes of steam and smoke, easily seen for miles around. Nothing but old guys wearing bib overalls with rags stuck in their pockets. Where's all the good-looking teenage girls?
After about the second year of going, something clicked, and they slowly became something I looked forward to. Something about the stink, the popping of the small light plants, the long canvas belt running a corn-something-or-other. I don't recall seeing any GI rigs there, but that was decards before my affliction.
My dad ended up buying a "Delco" light plant just before he died.
I miss all that.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
In Crismons book US Military Wheeled Vehicles, page 320 is a 6x6 jeep and leads to other pages for other uses

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks