• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

817 primer pump help

wap

I have searched and havent quite found what I am looking for, I'm sure its here but havent been able to find it.

I need to rebuild or replace the primer pump on my 817. I have found places that sell it but wanted to check here to see if there was a rebuild kit I could buy before I spent $125 on a new pump.

Also any tips or advice for me while I'm there is appreciated if there is anything else I should replace or check out while I am there.

Thanks

wap

Thanks. I need to order some filters and what not anyway, will just add that to it.

Thanks

wap

Just saw this.

I installed a new pump yesterday but realized when removing the old one that it was likely just the 2 O rings inside. I plan to replace those and reinstall to see if thats all it was. If so I will have a new pump on the shelf as a spare if need be.

Thanks for the replies.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just saw this.

I installed a new pump yesterday but realized when removing the old one that it was likely just the 2 O rings inside. I plan to replace those and reinstall to see if thats all it was. If so I will have a new pump on the shelf as a spare if need be.

Thanks for the replies.
Wish I could have helped out earlier. Nonetheless, it’s always a plus to have spare parts.

wap

Any pics of these parts on install would be a nice share. ;)
I'll try to keep that in mind next time I work on the truck. I'm not real computer savvy nor do I have a phone that will take a pic worth posting but I do have a digital camera I could use if someone helped me post pics here.

I will say its pretty straight forward. The inlet is marked so you cant really mess that up and its standard size wrenches. You just have to realize the big nut that holds the handle/plunger in down position has to come off so the plunger can out then it all slides out towards the firewall. I didnt time myself but I'd say its a 15 minute job. Would be 5 minute job if you didnt have to stand on your head to get the lines loose on the inlet and outlet.

Chief Gantt

If you have tested the entire fuel system for sucking air from the tank to the pump, then your injection pump may need rebuilt. Take some white assembly lube and put over the weep hole between the pump and compressor, shut engine off and see if it sucks it in. Another spot to test is the tach drive, remove cable and check the cable oring to see if it’s tore or gone. Had the idle issue with delayed acceleration on mine and after going through everything, the tack cable was loose, once tight, she ran right.

wap

Many thanks for the above info. I wont have time for a while to get into it but will definitely check those things.

Just has pump rebuilt on a 5.9 deere and 7.6 deere, not sure my pocket can handle another injector pump rebuild.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks