• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

923a2 alternator problems

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
helping out a local member with alternator problems. his belt jumped off and after close inspection finds that his pulley on his alternator has 2 key ways cut into it that dont really line up with the shaft. he said it had front and back cuts but didnt go all the way thru.. i got this truck from fort polk and this pulley has india wrote on it. anyone have this problem and what is the fix for it. anyone know a source for new pulleys? thanks in advance for any info and help

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes Andy's truck went down because of that same crap.I will find his post and bump it up so you can see what he did.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ordered a new pulley off of Ebay and it was an India manufactured one also. It only had one keyway though. On my original pulley, someone had assembled it wrong and cross threaded the nut on the shaft. I cleaned up the threads and assembled it correctly without any issues. Can you post some pictures of your friends pulley with 2 keyways?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks