• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

a good laugh

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i dont know is if working 12 to 14 hours, 6 days a week, or im just getten old is the blame for this. fri after work i bleed the brakes and lubed the air pack on the m819, then took it out for a test run, the brakes worked great, i looked down at the air gage, saw that it was only at 75# and that it droped to 45 at idle, i thought o.s. i got home shut the truck down, my air pressure went to 0. i worried all day sat about this prob. sun.i aired up the system with my air compresser. i looked at the air gage, saw that it was showing 120#, i thought w.t.f., then it dawned on me , fri night i had looked at the OIL PRESSURE gage NOT the air gage. DA . hope you all have a good laugh

Westech

CPL
lol Ive dont that a couple of times. I get to drive my deuce at night most of the time and we all know how nice and ez it is to see the gages. My oil gage has a scrach the runs right down the middle of it, top to bottom and where do you think the needle sits at a crusing speed? yeah it still freaks me out when I look at that and I cant see the needle.

JohnnyReb

[:)] I know how you feel..... However, I will confess to a much more stupid mistake....
When I was having the dump bed installed on my truck, the guy wanted me to drive it and charge the batteries so he could crank it without jumping it every time.

Sure......... :hop: so I hop in the truck and I am in a big hurry because I have other appointments later in the day..... I look and see "air pressure" and pull out.... I am looking and noticing the new parts installed, etc. and everything is fine until it comes time to stop!!!

He had disconnected the air lines in the rear to relocate the last cross member.........and I had read the oil pressure for air pressure.

The lady who had stopped to make a left turn in front of me was amazed to see a deuce pass her on the right shoulder and continue into the woods while rolling to a stop :freaked:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Holy crap JohnnyReb, I bet you had to change your shorts after that one. That had to be a pretty helpless feeling when you are jumping on the pedal and not much is happening. Glad the story ended well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks