• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A no non-sense HMMWV replacement?

Elwenil

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but it seems to fit here. Mods, feel free to move if necessary.

This was posted up on Pirate and I searched and didn't see any mention of it here. It's called an ELSORV and looks to be a very basic, down to earth light armored off road vehicle. It uses a lot of technology from the rock crawling world such as the bump stops, hydro assist steering, and good, solid axles. It's a little odd but I like it a lot more than the HMMWV. Hell, it even has suicide doors, lol.

Anyone seen or heard anything about it? It was posted on Pirate that there are 4 prototypes built that are being tested in Afghanistan, although these pics look like the western US.

Attachments

Mike_Pop

There is a testing ground outside of Silver Springs, Nevada where they test tires for military and off road vehicles. The terrain looks very much like this. I've heard that they deliberately will swamp deuces and Unimogs in mud to see how well the tires perform.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks