• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A type of Skid Plate?

srodocker

I've tried searching skid plate and underbody protection. I was wondering if anyone has done some sort of skid plate mod to protect the front fuel line or even the fuel tank? took it offroading this pass weekend didnt really damage anything besides the flasher wire that got pinched between the sheet metal above the wheel.

I went over a lot of stumps and stuff and just wondering if some protection like the airpack has on it could be used throughout the deuce. thanks for any input!

Attachments

Pinz25086

I have never seen anything stock but you could fab up what ever you want easily enough. Make sure that you tie into the frame and not just the part you want to protect. We made many skid plates for custom 4X4's over the years and they worked well.

Good luck!

A

A/C Cages

With my flatbed I have side protection but not lower like you want. But that side protection I have keeps things from hitting the sides of my fuel tanks and makes a great step too.

Before you all yell at me for a pic, I will be going to the shop later today and once I do I will download it into my profile page for you to critisize, lol oops I mean admire. lol

Flyingvan911

I have wondered about a plate for behind the front bumper. I think the fuel line under the radiator and oil pan are vulnerable to rocks and limbs.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMHO, the airpak is in a pretty remote place already. If you are offroad in places enough to damage the airpak, I would be more worried about the spare tool box, the spare tire mount, the battery box and the fuel tank. Before you go nuts with skid plates, just letting you know some serious offroaders who use the deuce in some pretty crappy areas have relocated all the above parts I listed to other places, or removed them altogether. Work on that first, then worry about skidplates.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMHO, the airpak is in a pretty remote place already. If you are offroad in places enough to damage the airpak, I would be more worried about the spare tool box, the spare tire mount, the battery box and the fuel tank. Before you go nuts with skid plates, just letting you know some serious offroaders who use the deuce in some pretty crappy areas have relocated all the above parts I listed to other places, or removed them altogether. Work on that first, then worry about skidplates.
Those are all the things that I'm moving. Fuel tanks (2) - in bed, Batts - where fuel tank was, tool box - gone / steps lifted to the level of the tool rack, spare - in bed w/ hoist and stand up mount on the side.

I will relocate fuel line as well.

Will post pics as it progresses.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks