• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A1R Rear Cab Bushing Assembly

Third From Texas

Since my bushings took a hike (literally disintegrated) I'm not sure of the order of assembly.

A1R so no TM....

I'm thinking this is correct but still playing with the puzzle pieces?
*the cracked/old bnushing in the upper position was originally inverted, though

Anyone with an A1R know?

20220702_144318.jpg

Third From Texas

Rgr all, thanks. I was able to use the pic that Alex posted (with the hokey pucks). He confirmed the order as what's on the drawing there.

The whole process took 10 minutes to take down and reassemble.

Amazed that the last time I inspected all the bushing, only one on the driver side had any signs of deterioration. A couple months later they are ALL turning to powder. The top one in the pic was all that was sitting in the rear stack. I fell apart like cotage cheese right after I took the pic.. LOL

I patched things up using a spare bushing set that I had (cast date 2015 expires 2023 on the packages). I filled the extra spot with a hokey puck for now. I have another large that I could just cut down to replace the puck, but I suspect the puck will work until we get word on your order.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine were completely disintegrated and only the single thick bushing had been replaced by the PO on my truck. Fortunately I scored some new old stock units and rebuilt my latch mount and was able to send two (one thick and one thin) as samples to the manufacturer that's fixing this situation for us. I'm very thankful that I was able to get in touch with someone that was willing to help us out with a solution to this problem.

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine were completely disintegrated and only the single thick bushing had been replaced by the PO on my truck. Fortunately I scored some new old stock units and rebuilt my latch mount and was able to send two (one thick and one thin) as samples to the manufacturer that's fixing this situation for us. I'm very thankful that I was able to get in touch with someone that was willing to help us out with a solution to this problem.
Any update on a source for new bushings? Mine are pretty much gone.

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any update on a source for new bushings? Mine are pretty much gone.
Contact @GeneralDisorder, he had some made and a bunch of us purchased new one from him. I believe you need 2 sets to get the three pieces you need.

Check and see if he has any left over or getting more made. He's just a PM away, and all he can say is, no.

Last edited:

Third From Texas

If General Disorder is out:

Bret Fox has NOS uppers (can always cut one down to make a lower).

Carlos had a big pile of NOS uppers (they were reasonably priced and I think someone may have cleaned him out to flip them).

My only issue with NOS is that rubber deteriorates with age and you never know if they were stored indoors or cooking on a pallet in a 120 degree yard somewhere.

Third From Texas

I think I'm missing an inside joke.
Chucky had his cab half raised (never do that, btw) and he opened the big cap on the side of the latch base (where the little red tab pops out when it locks). The instant he opened it, the hydraulic pressure vented...and dropped the cab...on his head. He had to be rescued....lucky to be alive.

(we're still not sure he's right....but then again, it may not be a result of the accident )

;p

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chucky had his cab half raised (never do that, btw) and he opened the big cap on the side of the latch base (where the little red tab pops out when it locks). The instant he opened it, the hydraulic pressure vented...and dropped the cab...on his head. He had to be rescued....lucky to be alive.

(we're still not sure he's right....but then again, it may not be a result of the accident )

;p
Ahha! Now the other references about PPE, skull thickness make sense :LOL:. Glad he is okay though, squashed grape is no good. :)

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha-ha-HA AND YOU THINK IM CRAY CRAY !!!! You have alot more green/tan iron in your back yard than i do ! Thats how you take the pulse of sanity by just how far down the rabbit hole you have plunged with our hobby ! And i think im mentally just about back to normal since the cranium pressure check other than when the trash truck comes to the house ! I piss my pants and drop to all fours and start chasing the truck down the driveway ! They say that will pass as well !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks