• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A2 frame flex degree

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know just how much the frame is designed to flex, like how many degrees (approximately)?

I'm creating a space behind the cab to a camper in the bed (maybe spanning 20 inches) that I intend to cover with something flexible, but I'm wondering how flexible it needs to be. Not trying to seal off the area, there will be plenty of air flow from below, mostly trying to keep rain out of the space. One issue I'm having right now is when I'm talking to other people (engineers) trying to describe what I'm trying create and how much flex I think I might need.

Right now, the plan is to have whatever material ride in channels, with 3 pieces that can be moved around so that one side or the other or the top can be opened up. Picture 3 roll up doors on separate tracks, each one ~6 feet long. Currently I'm looking at pleated rubber, but I'm still looking.

I don't foresee myself ever rock climbing this, maybe the occasional field with ruts, the odd river crossing, crossing a desert, etc.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
A lot.

I'll have to dig to find the pictures but it's more than you'd expect for a truck of this size

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll have to dig to find the pictures
Thanks for the pics. The second pic looks about 15 degrees, the first one a little less than that, maybe 12 or 13. The third pic is more than I ever expect to do, except in an emergency, and if that's the case, well, I'll deal with what's what.

A m939 series truck
This also appears to be 15 degrees. Thanks for posting the image.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks