• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A2 frame under M1123?

Mk23

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does my M1123 have an A2 frame? How can I tell? I was looking at the predator hitches, and you have to pick the type of frame you have...

Last edited by a moderator:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does my 1123 have an A2 frame? How can I tell? I was looking at the predator hitches, and you have to pick the type of frame you have...
The 1123 is a heavy A2 variant. About equivalent to the M1097A2 without the bumpers and with most of the fording kit installed.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking at Predator's website at the 2 versions.
Looked under the back of my 1123, and I don't see where the holes on the hitch would line up to any more than one of the bolts in the cross member. Maybe a second one, but it's a much smaller bolt.

Mk23

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking at Predator's website at the 2 versions.
Looked under the back of my 1123, and I don't see where the holes on the hitch would line up to any more than one of the bolts in the cross member. Maybe a second one, but it's a much smaller bolt.
Maybe that corner hole, you drill?

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So... in theory, the A2 version of this hitch should fit? (I have installed an A2 airlift bumper already)
Nowhere on their page does it clarify whether this hitch is designed to work with either the airlift bumper or the non-airlift bumper versions of the HMMWV.

You are going to have to give them a call and talk to someone to find out the info you need.

My plan for a hitch is going to be take it to a local hitches and welding shop and get a quote from them for a hitch both front and rear.

Maybe that corner hole, you drill?
I'd be very wary of any hitch that requires me to drill holes in cross members.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks