• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A2 turbo specs

skav

My turbo may be going out and I'd like to get info for the OEM replacement. Does anybody have the info from the data plate? Mine is painted.

Thanks!!!

74M35A2

They used Holset HX40 and H1E interchangeably. Here is the tag on mine I just shot for you, open fully and zoom if you need. If you plan on wicking up the fuel, and you are buying a turbo anyway, maybe think about an HX50? Ours do well also though, up to approx the 300hp level or so. They do sell bearing and seal kits if your impellers have not rubbed the housings.

image.jpg

Last edited:

skav

Perfect. That's what I was looking for.

Good idea about the HX50 too.

Any idea what turbine and compressor housings you'd need with the HX50?

74M35A2

I'm not an expert, but I don't think an HX50 is configurable. Meaning, it is the compressor and turbine sizes that make it an HX40, HX50, HX52, HX55, etc.... The HX50 is used on slightly larger Cummins engines such as an older L10 model. You could get one cheap from a used truck parts yard. Put a kit in it and have a good genuine turbo, not a Chinese knock off. Cummins also used them on the 8.3L in applications where the engine made 300hp or more, most commonly marine. Could start here to learn more: http://www.myholsetturbo.com/modelinfo.html

People that really juggle turbos say that Holset are on the lagging end of technology, and that almost any newer Borg Warner S series or such will do circles around them. I don't know, maybe? Another thing to look into depending upon how serious you wanted to take the replacement/upgrade.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks