• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 wheels on an A2 Deuce mounting ?s

OK picked up 5 NOS wheels at the Mount Dora Show. I wanted to know what valve stems to get and can I get them at Napa? I wil be running my 14.00 20 NATO NDTs. The tires are around 10" wide. My rear hubs are already flipped. Any tips and or help would be greatly appreciated. I tried to search it here but couldn't find an answer on the valve stems.

Attachments

URSATDX

I have used these.

1) Haltec Big Bore Part# WH-330-J90($22.33 Walmart online)
Haltec Big Bore adapter Part# 8807N ($2.00 think from Haltec website) The adapter brings the stem out just past the wheel opening,
and reduces it to the standard small bore size

2) OshKosh Mil# 12301120 Combat Wheel Rim Valve Stem OshKosh Equipment ($28.50)

Then these braided extenders so that I can keep the CTIS guards in place (CTIS deleted).

Attachments

URSATDX

This might help. These are in inches.
OshKosh .680"
Haltec .685"
Original .685"

These are measurements of the outside diameter of the 3 different stems.
I don't have a wheel off to measure the actual opening.

I've only done two wheels as they were leaking. I really like the Haltec w/ adapter.

What size is the bore hole exactly I don't have an ID tool to get an exact measurement? Thanks

Attachments

I might be interested in 4 of them PM me a price. I want to get the wheels on this week hopefully. I'm gonna take my stock wheels to a tire shop because I can't dismount the tires myself. I am gonna try to mount the tires to the new wheels myself.

Last edited:

tobyS

Are you using beadlocks? I use the big bore Haltec on the A3 wheel. You can use the short valve stem for the back but I think it takes 5" to get out the hole when it's dish in (front). Why do you want CTIS covers?

tobyS

I have the O rings,are you referring to that rubber ring that goes in between the tire beads those I do not have.
Yep. A3 wheels are considered "metric" and have a slightly different profile at the bead. I don't know if the bias tires you have have that same profile or not. It would be easy enough to make a cardboard profile and see if they are about the same.

You may be really good with ether to seat them up and the beadlocks won't matter.

If they hold and you keep pressures up, they may work fine without them.
Caution, don't let your tire pressure go below about 15 psi or a little side action on the tire (without beadlocks) will cause it to unseat.

tobyS

I have the Henderson beadlocks for 11" x 20" wheels. Too bad we are so far away.

I spoke with Bob aka Aviator he's gonna loan me a tool called a donkey you know what and has the valve stems I ll need. I am not sure if I can find those beadlock rings locally in Florida so I ll have to mount them without the rings.

OK guys I ve been mulling over the idea of running my inner tubes in my A3 wheels I ve never had an issue with them. I want to ask if I can get the tire flaps for that size wheel or if I can just make them from used tubes from a truck shop?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks