• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 Wiper Wiring upgrade on an A2

joshs1ofakindxj

I just searched and read every thread relevant mentioning "wiper wiring" and didn't find any help.

I have the upgrade/mod schematic printed out but it is difficult to read and not helping.

I have the A3 wipers and the 3 wires coming from it and nothing else. No circuit breaker or splitters.

So there are two wires coming from the bottom connector and one goes higher into the assembly.

Can I get these going without anything else like the circuit breaker? I don't think the guy I got these from used one.

I assume one wire is power and one wire is ground, but what is the third? And which is which?

Big thanks for any help! I would like to get these going tomorrow.

joshs1ofakindxj

So no one knows how to wire up the wipers?

I bet everyone is just busy like I am trying to get there trucks ready for parades tomorrow.

M1031CMT

Is the same wiper motor that goes in the Humvee. So I would guess it is wired the same. Compare the wire numbers to the ones in the pic. If they are the same then you are sure.

Pic if from the HMMWV manuals since I didn't feel like looking through the M35A3 manuals to look for it.

Looks like the third wire is used for wiper fluid.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
good timing on this post. I was wondering that myself. I am putting A3 wipers in my deuce also. I have the harness from the A3, and just looked at it last night. mine had the one wire plugged off. the plug was there, but a rubber protector was over it. Im wondering if one was ignition power and the other was battery. that way the wipers would park when you turned it off? if i have time tonight, ill try to look into it.

joshs1ofakindxj

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!

One wire is power (27), one wire is ground (bolts to bracket) and the third wire is the power TO the windshield wiper fluid pump.

Victory at last.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks