• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AAR 2011 D-Day adventure park June 24 25 26 Rally Just got

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just got out of the shower after the 190mile trip home. All I can say is thanks to dctrack44 Dewayne he is the hostess with the mostess! All you guys and gals who didn't make it to this one need to make sure you can come next time. Dewayne opened up his 1000 plus acres with over 40 miles of trails and shower house to us SS types for free only to have a few show up, mainly us folks from KC. He has every type of country and trail down there. Some big enough for davesgmc Elmo to move around, some that only one of Soni's rock rigs could go on. It was worth the drive and the only thing that broke was my M1009 rear window and that happened a mile from his place. All the big trucks and the ferret took advantage of the Spa and had a mud bath. I even got to drive a little on the Mother road on the way home. I'll be back!

Attachments

Flyingvan911

This trip was lots of fun. It was my first time really driving the deuce offroad. DDAP is a great place for MV trail driving. I fly out for work tomorrow but while I'm in Pittsburgh I'll get the disposable camera developed and get some pics up. I can't wait for another trip. My girlfriend Shanon had a blast too.

Cleptomaniac

Wish I could have drove the Deuce up but we had fun at OFASTS!! It was nice to get to meet some of you And cant wait to go next year!! Elmo is HUGE!! (think I need one!) :) We are planing to have the Deuce out at OFASTS next year and camping out the week end. Think we may be able to do it more than once a year?

Aswayze

They usually do one in the fall as well. It's a little cooler then too which certainly doesn't hurt a bit.

I had a blast both offroading around and of course on our convoy to and from KC.

We managed to stick together pretty well even though Elmo had a penchant for getting caught by stop lights. FlyingVan and I would just drop back to 50 mph for a bit and Elmo would make up for lost time real fast with one of his "almost as fast as a normal truck" sprints. It was also amusing hearing the sound of FlyingVan's C turbo spooling up over the sound of my own D-turbo truck engine when he was 100 meters behind me going up hills.

As usual D-Day was totally worth the trip. The trails were stellar and we spent plenty of time scampering all over them. We only really got ourselves into a pickle in one spot and it was very clearly a long abandoned trail that we had decided to go exploring anyhow. It was still a highlight of the trip. We got to use our pioneer tools, tug downed trees out of the way and finally ended up having to bushwack the last 30 yards through the forest to get past the last little washed out pit of doom to get out. I hooked one of the front composite lights on that last bit and crumpled the passenger side fender some but it will straighten back out just fine I am sure.

OFASTS made for a great neighbor constantly providing us with a serenade of the pleasant sounds of machine gun fire. I went over on Saturday and scoped things out a bit, there was some impressive looking stuff there for sure! I did not actually get to see any shooting since around the time I showed up, the fire dept had to run out onto the range and knock down all the raging fires. Of course, no sooner than I had gotten in the deuce and headed out the gate the shooting started up again... By that time, I had pretty much convinced myself that it was shady spot siesta time anyhow so I just contented myself with hearing the sounds of OFASTS instead.

jasonjc

:oops::oops::oops:I wanted to go but could not get the G/F to go.All she wants to do on the weekend is sleep all day or watch the food channel:deadhorse: Next time I just leave her at home. **** she may not even here the truck start up:p

davesgmc

man that detroit sounds good all wound up in the ELMO! just wish there was actually mud in the mud pit insted of water with som dust in it. Was actually looking forwad to getting it stuck. Ferret even made it though, looks completely tan now, but it made it through fine.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
David it was great meeting you and Shanon, always good to finally meet someone who you have been talking to via puter for over a year. She was a real trooper to put up with all of us. If we are lucky enough for Dewayne to have a fall rally I am thinking about dragging my KCLFF down and having a food plan. I can't believe none of us got a picture of Davey on his endless bike ride!

Flyingvan911

Here are some of the good pics off the digital camera. I am in for a fall rally! I would be glad to chip in some cash or supplies for food.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks