• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ABS on after overcharge

Gunzy

I can't find the old post the describes what part is burnt in the ABS module when an overcharge happens. I am looking at two friends trucks that overcharge at start then drop to normal after a minute. I am looking at repairing the ABS modules but can't find the info I need. For what ever reason I can't get the search feature to work. Also, is the problem with the alternator an easy fix? Thanks for any help.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't repair it until a new modern alternator is installed.
Bought a brand new (not reman) Delco 33si 100 amp unit from SS member here. 74M35A2 I believe.

When my original alternator spiked and fried.....literally....it took out ABS module, PCB, CTIS controller.

The actual part in the abs module that's fixable I Don't remember.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would also check the ABS fuses. There's two under dash.
Maybe you got lucky and just blew fuse.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks