• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Accident ?

mutt_r

This weekend I finished the tear-down process of my Deuce and a Half. After the engine and the gear box were moved away, I saw that the frame on the right is following a bow. The frame on the left side is straight. This brings me to the question whether my Deuce had an accident in the past or this is a normal view. The front cross member where the engine and the radiator are laying on are looking okay. The bow starts where the mount of the engine's back is mounted.

Any positive suggestions? Or was this Deuce involved in a (heavy) accident?

Thx in advance, Richard

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I don't know I would worry about it if your tires are lined up as they should be. If there is extra toe-in I might worry, but that looks acceptable.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any signs of the bumper been replaced...?
That looks to me as a serious hit on the right/front corner, in the direction of the (white)arrow.

Nothing too serious, though; it can be straightened with a bit of work - and the right tools.

G.

Attachments

mutt_r

Thanks a lot for looking. I drove the Deuce 280 miles on the German autobahn to bring it to its new home. Everything went well, had directional stability, tires on the front axle were looking good. My Deuce was coming with a winch. The extension between the frame and the front bumper already had a problem, one of the bolts mounting the bumper to the extension was not coming out slightly. The bumper itself has a dent on the underside, nothing visible if you're standing in front of the Deuce. Will meet a friend with experience today who is working in a repair shop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks