• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Accident.............

Iceman3005

I was involved in an accident with my cucv (M1008), wasn't at fault. Older man merged into me and shoved me off the road. Just cosmetic damage, but still not to happy......................Oh well poop happens.

So I am looking for 2 doors (driver and passenger), both front fenders, and both wheel wells, front bumper, grill guard, and all the plastic front pieces. If you have rust free / dent free parts please PM me. Also need a rear tailgate.

I had full coverage, the insurance totaled it out. But if I get her looking new again, then I can get full coverage again.

Thanks
Jeff

Iceman3005

Just normal insurance, it goes by blue book. My agent said after its fixed they might be willing to do appraised value so it has more coverage.

Iceman3005

No frame damage, just sheet metal. had a few dents when I bought it, now there just a lot bigger. right side of truck hit a patch of sumac trees no bigger around than a tennis ball. Driver side was hit by other vehicle. We where both going same direction and he decided to change lanes, shoved me off the road.

avlon01

Just normal insurance, it goes by blue book. My agent said after its fixed they might be willing to do appraised value so it has more coverage.
I'm curious what the blue book was vs what it is worth on the market? I have collector insurance, so I don't drive it around a lot, but I know I'll be able to buy another one in the same or better condition.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep in mind... other dude at fault. He owes making you whole.

Involving your insurance is a convince factor for you. In the end, its on him and his co.

Iceman3005

Blue book is $1725 for low retail, $4150 for average retail, and $6875 for high retail. As for who is paying, well that is where Michigan gets interesting. Michigan has no-fault insurance, so the other driver is not financially responsible, just legally responsible. My insurance will be flipping the bill, and his insurance will most likely go up.

Drock

As for sheet metal I found that just buying new was actually cheaper not to mention easier then tracking down original peices. for that matter good luck ever finding ah rust/dent free tailgate. I just bought ah new tailgate from summit for $109.00. And the hood was ah little over $300.00.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your state is like FL, (also a no-fault state) your insurance company will pay your damages and then go after the other parties insurance company to recoup their loss.

Speak with someone knowledgeable of your state's insurance laws who is not connected with your insurance company. I had a serious accident about 20 years ago that totaled my vehicle and where the other driver was at fault. I also had injuries that prevented me from working. A friend who was a retired insurance loss investigator/adjuster told me of everything I was eligible for such as "loss of use of the vehicle", "lost wages", extra items installed on my vehicle and he advised me how to have them calculate the value of the vehicle. When I spoke with my insurance company's adjuster about the settlement, he was surprised I knew all of the things I mentioned, but didn't argue and set about recalculating and adding in the other items in. There was a big difference between the first number and the final settlement number.

Your insurance company is going to pay the minimum they can get away with. It's up to you to make sure you are made whole after the settlement. Good luck.

Iceman3005

If your state is like FL, (also a no-fault state) your insurance company will pay your damages and then go after the other parties insurance company to recoup their loss.

Speak with someone knowledgeable of your state's insurance laws who is not connected with your insurance company. I had a serious accident about 20 years ago that totaled my vehicle and where the other driver was at fault. I also had injuries that prevented me from working. A friend who was a retired insurance loss investigator/adjuster told me of everything I was eligible for such as "loss of use of the vehicle", "lost wages", extra items installed on my vehicle and he advised me how to have them calculate the value of the vehicle. When I spoke with my insurance company's adjuster about the settlement, he was surprised I knew all of the things I mentioned, but didn't argue and set about recalculating and adding in the other items in. There was a big difference between the first number and the final settlement number.

Your insurance company is going to pay the minimum they can get away with. It's up to you to make sure you are made whole after the settlement. Good luck.
Yup, already covered all those bases. No one was injured, so nothing to claim there. I have several other vehicles, so can't claim a vehicle loss. Insurance knows I have several vehicles since they are all insured through them. I have my own business, so can't claim lost wages or income and I have several other vehicles for my business. The vehicle is all stock with no modifications or extra items installed in vehicle.

So basically just got blue book for it, minus buying it back from insurance at scrap value. At least I got something, better then a poke in the eye.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, no one wants a poke in the eye....

The loss of use is for each vehicle, I had another vehicle insured with the same insurance company I drove after the accident so I didn't use my rental car provision. The insurance company is/was still responsible for the loss of use of that vehicle until they settle the claim. The additional equipment was a trailer hitch they allowed me to remove, and new tires that they reimbursed me for when I supplied my receipt.

To determine the value of the vehicle, they have to provide you with a list of like vehicles for sale and then they average the values. This is how you determine replacement value if you have full coverage. My settlement had to be equal to the average value of the vehicles on the for sale list. If you have a specialty/collector vehicle that does not fall into the typical blue book range (it's not a 1984 Chevy pickup for example) it's not your fault. But you make that clear (its a M10XX whatever) when you insure it. Your state may be different.

If you are happy with the out come, that's all that matters.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks