• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice for LED headlights to Flood lights for a bobber

3dAngus

Hi,

I overbought some military LED headlights and have six, and only need the two. I won't put them on my M-37 which I hope to restore to "near" original. So I was thinking about putting up a 'roll bar' style bar in the back bed of the deuce and use it for a light mount. It would be purely cosmetic in lieu of functional due to the extreme cost of making it truley functional while working from a M105 bed for a mount.

So anyway, these headlights we see on sale here in the classifieds have the buckets with them. I was hoping someone out there had some info or ideas on how to mount these where I could swivel them and lock them down while going down the road where they would not come loose. I do want to turn and adjust them for different purposes. I will be putting a minimum of two lights above the cab in this way, and may go with four.

Any materials out there readily available I could use to mount and swivel? Any other ideas. I'll attach a picture of the lights out of the box for reference. Pretty cool lights, and not cheap, but gotta use them for something. The green fever bit me when they came up for sale. aua

Attachments

welldigger

Bought a set for my deuce from ZiggyO. I love them. If you could go to an auto parts store and find some 7" off road lights you may can remove the LED lights from their buckets and install them in the off road housings.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

BillabongKong

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes those are nice brackets But they are $125.00 EACH! Typical Truck-Lite. I question the longevity of mounting plastic lights to hard metal bracket. Or do they have rubber rings?
I plan on making a light bar using Ziggy-Lites too. Why not leave them in the buckets with the isolastic rubber mounts bolted to a frame that swivels.
When I get around to fabricating my set I will post.I agree that the Truck-Lites look slick but If you just want a simple bracket check the 4X4 offroad sources. They sell empty buckets much cheaper.

3dAngus

Thanks to a tip from Juan, I got them both, new, for $80 and got two great orange 3" LED lights that bolt on them as well. You can buy them on a well known auction site from time to time half your quoted price or less. The lights work well bolted in without the bucket. Not sure you can easily make the bucket work with these, but I'm very happy with them the way they are. I posted the work on my other thread, "On the way to Bob's house". I'll post the link in case anyone wants to see them mounted so I don't double post it here. I'm happy. Thanks for the PMs and helpful hints on how to proceed. See posts # 54 and 57 for details. I have several new and used buckets with rings for sale on the classifieds.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...y-to-Bobs/page6&highlight=on+the+way+to+bob's

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks