• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Brake Light Switch Issue

SierraHotel

Coming home with the boss (read wife) behind me tonight, I locked them up for a yellow light (personally, I think it is a flash bulb). We’ve been wondering if the brake lights were working properly (part of the reason she was following me) and she said that they flashed three times, but did not stay lit during the lock-up. We’re somewhat unsure of when exactly they do come one, but it would appear that normally, they are only coming on when the brakes are put to the floor, not when you start to slow down with them.
I looked under the Deuce this morning (and down the brake port hell hole) and it looks like I have the upgraded air switch, not the original hydraulic one. I hope to go to Letterkenny at the end of the week to get two trailers…I would think it would be a good idea to have brake lights.
The air pressure in the tanks appears to be fine.
Is there a repair I can do with this (like blowing it out), or is just replace the unit?
Is it the air switch, or am I barking up the wrong tree.
Lastly, g’head and let me know who has ‘em…my preferred vendor, OD Iron doesn’t look like he stocks ‘em.
All help and opinions would be gratefully received.

bottleworks

OD Iron does sell the switch for $35.44.

http://www.odiron.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=4_47&products_id=114

If you don't care about keeping the truck original, you can get a generic air pressure switch. You would have to change the terminals on your harness. Any heavy truck parts store will have one in stock.

Oh and this...

I would bet that it is the switch. However, to confirm it is in fact the switch you can jumper the two leads to the switch. Your brake lights should come on. If they do, you should confirm you have air pressure to the switch when braking. If you have a "yes" to both, then it's a safe bet that the switch it bad. Don't try to revive the old switch, just replace it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks