• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air compressor parts (REO)

I picked up this 53 reo for 800$ . It has the ao 331 gold comet gasser .so far I addressed the fuel lines and got it to run for 30sec at a time. Used an electric pump now. I dont think the generator is putting out power. And the air compressor definitely isnt building air. Where can i find a rebuild kit or a working pump? Anyone with gasser parts near by?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Crazyguyla

Is it the air or water cooled air compressor? Does it have the 25amp or 60 amp generator? For the air compressor, the unloaders might be stuck.

It looks to be water cooled , unsure about generator. Not close to the truckrightnow. I took a cap off the top , looks to be lifter looking things with a plunger. Is this what you're talking about?, because it seems they dont move that freely , Here's a pic of the Id tag

Crazyguyla

It looks to be water cooled , unsure about generator. Not close to the truckrightnow. I took a cap off the top , looks to be lifter looking things with a plunger. Is this what you're talking about?, because it seems they dont move that freely , Here's a pic of the Id tag

The plungers are the unloader valves. If they're stuck open, no pressure buildup. If your generator has a thick cable screwed to the top that runs to a black box on the firewall, it's a 25amp. 60amp has three wires attached to it. If it's 25amp, the generator is probably fine, might need to be polarized again. The fault probably lies in the voltage regulator (box on the firewall with two thick cables attached to the bottom). Since it has a water-cooled air compressor, it probably still had the 25amp generator. The voltage regulator has breaker points that probably needs cleaning.

Attachments

Barrman

Pull the caps for the unloader valves off. The springs are probably broken. Mine were. I found some springs at a hardware store of about the same size and wire diameter. Been working great ever since.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks