• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Compressor Question

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the pressure that the air compressor should turn back on?

The problem I am having is that the Air Dryer is popping off a lot.
The truck builds pressure ok and the Air Dryer popes off the at round 120psi and it looks
like the compressor comes back on at about 110psi and builds back to 120psi and the dryer popes off again. All this takes about a one min.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you serviced your air dryer recently?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
When you reach governed max pressure, the governor tells the compressor to stop making pressure and it also tells the air dryer to vent its expello valve. Thats how the air dryer purges moisture it has removed from the air. I prefer my governor to be set around 135.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I would think lowering the turn on pressure would be fine, maybe 90psi? I'm sure there is a "spec" for the on and off pressures somewhere.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I dont think the expello valve is adjustable. If you look on the air dryer there are 3 lines going to it. Air in, air out and the air line from the governor. I believe its branched off the unloader air line.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Grimpyrobb, I do not know how to change the turn on PSI only the turn off psi on the reg.

Suprman, I saw the little line that runs back to the reg. (governor).

MtnSnow

When I first got my truck the air gov was set to about 110-115 psi and had a bunch of issues like you describe. after servicing my dryer and the rest of the system I adjusted my air gov to 130-135 psi and my system is much happier now as well as the CTIS system seems to work better too.

PETE BALLARD

You should just buy a new air governor, they are so cheap it does not make any sense to fool with them - in the past i have tried to re-adjust them only to replace in a month or so when they revert back to unacceptable antics. Short story- service your air system annaully which should include the air dryer components and governor and you will never be on the side of the road doing the old bypass thing. Also keep in mind that some of the newer emergency and service valves have higher crack pressures so going up to 130-140 is not a bad move. Last air gov that i bought was brand new and cost $21.05

I forgot to mention, check the line going from the compressor to the dryer for leaks, a leaking line will also result in the same situation happening - continous perging.

Last edited:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks