• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air conditioner install using Waterloo parts

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's my write up on installation thus far with all the parts from Waterloo. Definitely had the 4 drains on mine as well - had to drill out holes with a template. I just made mine from cardboard and that worked fine. I'm waiting on some official hoses and drier from Red Dot to complete the hookup. The compressor was the most involved despite it seeming like it was going to be the cab unit.

Guruman

Not so new member
I'm trying to sort out the wiring before I drop in my inside unit. I got the wiring harness from Tom.

Most if it makes sense one part plugs into matching plugs on the HVAC unit and has connectors for the fans, pressure sensors, and pump. Branching off this is a wire with a spade connector that goes to the fording switch.

That leaves a orange and a black wire on a 2 pin connector that seems like power and ground maybe... Not sure where these tap into.

Then... I see a round 4 pin connector in the HVAC unit that I don't seem to have a match for. I'm hoping it's something already in the dash.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm trying to sort out the wiring before I drop in my inside unit. I got the wiring harness from Tom.

Most if it makes sense one part plugs into matching plugs on the HVAC unit and has connectors for the fans, pressure sensors, and pump. Branching off this is a wire with a spade connector that goes to the fording switch.

That leaves a orange and a black wire on a 2 pin connector that seems like power and ground maybe... Not sure where these tap into.

Then... I see a round 4 pin connector in the HVAC unit that I don't seem to have a match for. I'm hoping it's something already in the dash.
It will be obvious when you pull the heater. The 4 pin connector matches the existing connector to the heater for fan power and panel illumination IIRC.

The 2 pin orange and black is power and ground for the stepper motor flapper controls, AC compressor clutch, etc. IIRC the black goes to chassis ground and the orange goes to the PDP - I ran mine to an inline fuse and landed it on switched power.

ramdough

The new two pin (orange and black) is additional power to your evaporator. The ends go to your power panel.

The harness has a 4 pin connector for your trinary pressure switch. The evaporator 4 pin goes ti your truck harness your heater used.

Does that help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramdough

Awesome, thanks for the info.

I always hate it when I get something all tore apart and find a surprise. Then you can't use it until you get it all back together, I hate that.

Now.... those stupid duckbill drains are the last thing in my way.
Did you look for them like I posted above?

I thought mine were missing too at first.

Guruman

Not so new member
Did you look for them like I posted above?

I thought mine were missing too at first.

yeah, dug around in there with a flashlight... no luck.

I can't seem to find anything online in the way of a duckbill valve to fit those 15mm holes. Well I did find something but it was like a 12 week lead time from China.

Also, I have no idea what the "duct adapter rings" do or look like. Anyone have a pic?

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, I have no idea what the "duct adapter rings" do or look like. Anyone have a pic?
They are similar to what is on the heater unit. They are the flanges that the ducts which direct airflow at the driver and passenger foot wells are attached to. In my post I made a note that you must use the duct ring from the heater unit on the AC unit for the passenger side duct since the provided AC unit is too long and interferes with the transmission control module (at least on my A1R with the 3700SP transmission).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks