• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air intake blast gate.

davidb56

if I install a blast gate on my snorkel side of the air cleaner, would the 1" compressor line connected on the air cleaner allow a run away engine to suck air from the compressor intake to keep it running?

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
"if I install a blast gate on my snorkel side of the air cleaner, would the 1" compressor line connected on the air cleaner allow a run away engine to suck air from the compressor intake to keep it running?"

Yes, that has been documented here in SS if the connection is NOT made up with hose to the compressor.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?74063-Can-M35A3-s-runaway/page2

But then again, all the runaway stories I did read were of engines without the hose connected up. So the conjecture...................

Last edited:

eagle4g63

Well, personally I don't think so....If the motor is running the air compressor intake will also be trying to grab air from the air cleaner, so I doubt you can pull air backwards to the motor side

Of course all of this is dependent on how air tight everything is....more likely you will collapse the hose.

davidb56

Well, personally I don't think so....If the motor is running the air compressor intake will also be trying to grab air from the air cleaner, so I doubt you can pull air backwards to the motor side

Of course all of this is dependent on how air tight everything is....more likely you will collapse the hose.
Thats what I was thinking...if the compressor wasn't unloading, it would actually help starve the engine air supply.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks