• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Line HELP

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went out yesterday to try to solve the issue of zero air pressure in my wrecker and I may have found it. On top of the air pack there is a line that goes straight up into a 90 degree fitting and then points toward the passenger side, on that is a large (looks like 1/2") line that has a bend and then mine is cut. Where is that supposed to go to? I can't find any other line that it may have hooked up to so I am needing some help. I will try to get a picture of it later but if anyone knows what I am talking about any help would be appreciated.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Are you talking about the vent on the air pack? Your best bet is to run air to the glad hand on the front(I forget which side) and see if you can hear air escaping.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a good idea, I never thought of that, this is my first 5-ton so I feel like a noob all over again :oops:.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man that worked great! After I figured out which glad hand to use I found the source of my air leak, the drain line that connects the two air tanks under the drivers side step had a big slit in it. Looks like water froze in it, obviously somebody before me forgot to drain the tanks daily! I taped the slit shut and that was enough to show 50 psi on the gauge. Now to remove and properly fix with some duct tape and I'll be good as new :lol:. Just kidding of course-I'll replace it and I should be ready to go. Thanks for the tip.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya I went emergency to emergency, when I went red on my deuce to the yellow (service) on the 5 ton it just made the brake pedal super stiff. Red to red fills the air system on the 5 ton.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's ok, I just appreciate your good advise. I just got done fixing it, found a line on a deuce that was a little longer so with a "custom" bend it fits perfect! With that out of the way I read up on the manual and tested out the wrecker, everything works! Now I can go lift a bunch of stuff! Need to grab a few tubes of grease first, I think this truck has been sitting for at least 2 years before I got it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks