• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alaskan camper in our 5 ton "crazy dog"

CPDOG

All

we haven't posted here in a while and we just finished our install of a completelyoverhauled Alaskan camper, the installation and subsequent load out of it. We hopethis helps as much as some of the other guys posting their builds on here helpedus and were grateful enough to share their “secrets”….

In a nut shell, it’s a 1965 Alaskan hydraulicallyraised/lower type camper.
It comes with solar and all the way down to a Keurigcoffee machine too.
We separated the 2 halves and then gutted everything andstarted from scratch. All the locker doors and cabinets are handmade. The picswill give you an idea….
I built custom braces to straddle the lower side of thecamper to support the modified jacks to safely carry the load while loading/unloadingit. To give you an idea of how sturdy the lifting fixture is, the camper in themidair pics weighs in at just over a ton and there is no bowing in those jackarms. Again safety was a big priority and I built around that premise.
We had to also custom build 4 clamps that bolt into thebed of the truck for holding the camper in place (we tested these extensivelyback in the mountains and it doesn’t move at all).
On each side of the camper in the front wings are 2 8dbatteries that weigh in at 165lbs each, so we got plenty of power to go around.
And for all the dog lovers out there, we got 3 dog doorsto allow our 2 friends to transit anywhere they want during the trip.
During the parade/show season we remove the camper andshow it in her original configuration.
The steps are from Torklift and are they a awesomeaddition (especially getting the dogs in/out...Ha-ha)

my wife does the body and paint, so she gave the camper a matching paint job to the truck (it was originally pure white)

And of special closing note, we even put in a 16’flagpole!

V/r

GETTIN FAMOUS (11).jpgGETTIN FAMOUS (1).jpgGETTIN FAMOUS (2).jpgGETTIN FAMOUS (13).jpgGETTIN FAMOUS (7).jpgGETTIN FAMOUS (15).jpgGETTIN FAMOUS (16).jpgGETTIN FAMOUS (21).jpgGETTIN FAMOUS (23).jpgGETTIN FAMOUS (24).jpgIMG_20170917_122213.jpgIMG_20170924_162702.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks