• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allison 3500sp trans wiring

Socommfg

I am looking to put a 3500sp trans and 3116 cat in my Ford f350 dually. Can anybody give me the info need to wire the trans and controller in? I have a parts truck (S&S) doner, but no cab wiring or parts.

Is this a worth while project or should I use a Manual shift set up.

My icon is the motor setting in the Ford Chassis..

Ernie

scottmandu

I am looking to put a 3500sp trans and 3116 cat in my Ford f350 dually. Can anybody give me the info need to wire the trans and controller in? I have a parts truck (S&S) doner, but no cab wiring or parts.
Is this a worth while project or should I use a Manual shift set up.
My icon is the motor setting in the Ford Chassis..
Ernie
You need to find out if the trans is WTEC II, III or IV and use he appropriate controller.

snowtrac nome

if you have a doner truck you should have the controller. There is a adaptor harness to go from a wtec 2 to 3 trans if some where along the line the trans was changed I believe Allison can sell you a stand alone harness to connect the controller to the transmission might be easier than building your own harness

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have the trans to cab harness for either control. It comes down out of the drivers side cab hump along the drivers side frame rail, a branch off goes to the throttle position sensor and then over the trans to the passenger side where it meets the pigtail that comes off the trans. In the cab alot of the trans wiring is integrated into the main dash harness though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks