• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allison Push button shifter - vehicle specific?

PowerstrokeNC

Is the push button shifter/gear selector that is on the dash vehicle specific? In other words is it programmed in some way to that vehicle or is it a dumb device that can be swapped to another vehicle without issue? :???:

MaiNiaK

I have no actual experience withe the WTEC 2 or 3. But from what I've read they are programmed, as far as specific setup of each truck.
So a WTEC 2 from an M1089 will throw error codes when hooked up to a M1078. I am not sure though if a WTEC 2 from a similarly set up M1078 would work or if it to would need to be reprogrammed.

There should be a CIN# next to the part# on the label of the WTEC. That CIN# from what I understand, represents the programming of that WTEC.

This thread has some good info.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?124517-M1078-No-Start-Not-even-trying

This talks a little about CIN#'s
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?137308-Wtec-II-reprograming

I hope this helps some and encourages others that may have more hands on knowledge to step in.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the M939 Franken trucks it is a specific Allison transmission that supports it. I want to say the 3500 model but I can't remember.

My guess is that they are not swap-in replacements.

fastsailor

the ECU has to be programmed for the truck but you are in Greensboro so your in luck Clark power has a very good trans guy that programmed my new one .
I will be taking my 1078 back to them next week to flush and replace all the fluids with synth to resolve some hard down shifts.
if you need the CIN# that was programmed into let me know i can pull my dash and read it of my ECU

MaiNiaK

Found this last night while doing some research.

I was trying to figure out what kind of fluid to use in mine when I change my filters. This also gives error codes and tells you the procedure for checking fluid levels.
The FMTV's have the MD-D7 Allison transmission this is the MD-3070pt, this must be the civilian model. It looks identical.!!

http://www.utxchange.com/pdfs/MechanicsTips/MT2923EN.pdf

tim292stro

IIRC, the shifter is not vehicle specific, but the programing/provisioning of the ECU is. An Allison shop with a programmer should be able to help swap out any Allison user interface - this programmer is also used to set shift points with the electronic controlled transmissions, so they are very common.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks