• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Almost done

Hunter2506

Well, I've had it a little over 3 weeks, and I've just about wrapped up the details. Still need to replace the driver window frame, replace all the wood for the troop seats and get the horn button to stay put. I got the sprags replaced, all fluids and filters changed, all lights working, etc. And after 32 cans of Krylon OD and 1 can of flat white, it sure is lookin' purty (IMO). Just thought I'd share.

And one at work, just for fun

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wow, that looks good! Great shots!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have a very nice looking truck. Did you do the sprag without taking the t-case out?

Hunter2506

Do you have any "before" pics?

Did you do the sprag without taking the t-case out?
Yes. It's a tight squeeze, but with the speedo drive housing removed and the fork lever loose, I was able pry the housing out about 1-1/2" and then rotate it 180 degrees, finally squashing my abdomen with it once it came off.;) I expected some weight, but that sucker surprised me! Weighs nearly as much as a complete T-case assembly for a Jeep or S-10 blazer, etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks