• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Almost forgot how bad it looked....

M920

I was sorting through some pics today and stumbled across the "as picked up" pics of my M920.....back in the dark ages....when you could not buy M920 "Depot Rebuilds" for under 10 grand....:cry: These trucks where not even available then...
Well, now in hind sight, looking at the pics.... I'm not so sure my partner Will wasn't on to something after all with his comments the first time he saw my "new" truck.... The day the "Sleeping Beauty" (Aka M920) was first delivered to the shop, on a flatbed trailer down from Great Falls Montana.... He looked at the truck and then at me, and he had this horrified facial expression before he burst out and I quote; "Soni...have you gone comletely of the deep end?!?!.....I sure hope you did not pay anything for this "heap of scrap iron"....THIS IS THE UGLIEST TRUCK I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIVE!!!!!
Needles to say, at the time, I was a bit offended by his harsh words, specially since I was all exstatic about its arrival....even though I guess I should have made some allowances for him being a "Peterbuilt Owner"....LOL :roll:

Anyway, I thought you guys might get a kick out of the pics.....I forgot how much work went in to it.....thank god! Oh...and I'm not even gona say what I had to pay for it....I must have been :cookoo:

Soni

P.s. Notice the "clever" setup between the fifth wheel and the ramps! Not sure how that worked......LOL

Attachments

Last edited:

wsucougarx

WOW!!! I had no idea that's what she looked like in the before life. Talk about an ugly duckling turning into a beautiful dove. Those before and after pics are a definate inspiration to anyone tackling a restore/transformation project....did I say WOW?

Bighurt

I'm not sure that setup worked at all. LOL

Good to see some more pics, I think I have a folder called "drool worthy" that I stick your stuff in...I'll have to add these.

sterlun

I know it's very tactless to ask, but I would love to know how much $$ you have in the restore, not purchase, just what the build cost.

I'm also dieing to see pics of the inside of the sleeper birth.

Inspiring truck. :drool::driver:

M920

It is really nothing special guys....pretty "spartan" actually....lol But I will take some pics tomorrow and post them...

Also...I truely have no idea at this point how much $$$ I spent on the build over the years....many many hours though....thats for sure... lol

Soni

wehring

SSS for sure

Sorry folks but the INSIDE of the sleeper is classified as SSS (Super Secret Squirrel) or as Richard put it... Soni's Shunk Works.

Personally I believe that it is where the nuclear reactor is hidden that powers the truck. Actually, I am pretty sure of it. Again SSS... I almost got a look inside of it when I met him crossing Texas but as I approached the door the black helicopters began to hover omniously above.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

M920

And his handcuff collection ! LOL . I didnt realize your M920 was missing the winch when you got it ?
Yeah....it was missing the whole winch setup, amongst several other things....like 13th and 14th gear in the tranny....

Well I did get some "extras" though.....like it did come with a Pack-Rat nest in the headliner of the cab.....of course I did not know that "bonus"....until I tried to remove the headliner one day and ended up "wearing" it.... :shock:

As I mentioned, I was just happy to find an M920 back then....condition was of a secondary concern....LOL :grd:

P.S. had to sell the "handcuff collection" on egay....to pay for fuel....

Soni

Bearpaws

Yeah....it was missing the whole winch setup, amongst several other things....like 13th and 14th gear in the tranny....

Well I did get some "extras" though.....like it did come with a Pack-Rat nest in the headliner of the cab.....of course I did not know that "bonus"....until I tried to remove the headliner one day and ended up "wearing" it.... :shock:

As I mentioned, I was just happy to find an M920 back then....condition was of a secondary concern....LOL :grd:

P.S. had to sell the "handcuff collection" on egay....to pay for fuel....

Soni
Thats so true about the extras that come with your truck. I recently recovered my truck from Nellis. As I was driving home in Arizona. Started to heat up as the day went. Had one then two then Oh crap! Yellow wasps coming out from under the dash to see who was driving. Glad it was a place where I could shut her down and abandoned ship! Your truck is something else. Everything looks right with it!

3dAngus

Personally, I thought it looked good before, but absolutely fantastic after.

It looked so good after, you cannot possibly make me believe it is the same truck.

When that happens, you know you have done a job "over the top". Congrats!

She's beautiful.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks