• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Almost the proud powner of another mighty might

fallen

A friend of mine agreed to sell me his mighty might in exchange for my mighty might project and some cash. His is about 90 % restored. Rebuilt engine, new winter top with doors and curtains and new tires and fresh paint.

Can any one advise if there is a spare tire mount. I see them in the manuel but i know it can be driven on 3 wheels

I think it is the a2. I know the windshield is from an m38a1 and there is a dent in the tail gate. Can anyone tell me the difference between the m422a2 whindshield frame and the windshield frame on a m38a1. I also have a line on a trailer for the mighty might.Can anyone let me know what the designation for a mighty might trailer would be. This trailer is pretty rough
What would a price range be for one that would be considered very poor condition. thanks

RodUSMC1962

There is a spare tire mount bracket ,call Ron Alred 423-580-0472,he bought the Sam Werner business.The mount was an add-on,we did not have a spare tire in the early and mid 60 s.We had one mounted spare tire for the entire motor pool. IF you got a flat you took it off,broke it down and put a patch on it and hope the patch stuck.If not you did it all over again.We pulled m-100 s. I think later they pulled m-416 s.We had all original flat winshields before they were refited with m-38 s. The two mites I own now have m-38 s on them. The m-38 and the mite add on winshield are the same.Trailers are going high,I personaly would not pay over a couple hundred for one if its in bad shape,bit thats just my opinion.Love my mighty mites!:beer:

1958 M274

A friend of mine agreed to sell me his mighty might in exchange for my mighty might project and some cash. His is about 90 % restored. Rebuilt engine, new winter top with doors and curtains and new tires and fresh paint.

Can any one advise if there is a spare tire mount. I see them in the manuel but i know it can be driven on 3 wheels

I think it is the a2. I know the windshield is from an m38a1 and there is a dent in the tail gate. Can anyone tell me the difference between the m422a2 whindshield frame and the windshield frame on a m38a1. I also have a line on a trailer for the mighty might.Can anyone let me know what the designation for a mighty might trailer would be. This trailer is pretty rough
What would a price range be for one that would be considered very poor condition. thanks
There is no M422A2. Only M422 and M422A1. The M422A1 is 6" longer than the M422, and has 6" wide tool boxes right behind the front seats in front of the rear fenders. That is the only difference that I am aware of between the two from the factory.

All Mighty Mites left the factory without a spare tire. The bracket that is seen bolted to the rear bumper and tailgate on some vehicles is a MWO. These brackets turn up a shows and for sale on the internet occasionally. As suggested above, try Ron Alred.

As for windshields, once again, all Mighty Mites left the factory with the "light" windshield. Any M422 or M422A1 you see with the M38A1 type "heavy" windshield has been retrofitted. There was actually a retrofit kit that included everything to change one over. The only differences that I remember between the correct Mighty Mite "heavy" windshield and the M38A1 windshield are the hood bumpers and hood catch. On a M38A1, the bumpers that rest on the hood when the windshield is folded down are centered over the windshield wiper motors, with one mounting screw on either side of where the motor shaft sticks through the windshield frame. The Mighty Mite windshields have these brackets set further to the left and right, outside of the windshield wiper. Also, the Mite uses a hood prop rod, so the windshield does not have the metal latch in the center that secures the hood in the raised position like on a M38A1. All that being said, the windshields can be swapped from one vehicle to another. They mount the same.

Most often in original photos you see Mighty Mites towing M100s, but the "proper" Mite trailer is the M416B1...
Good luck with your new vehicle.
Joe

RodUSMC1962

Another difference is the m-422 the seats are in the tailgate, the a-1 the seats are on the side of the body. The a-1 has a different tailgate. If you look at my avitar you can see it is not an a-1. Early 1963 pic. We had both 422 s amd a-1 s.:beer:

1958 M274

Another difference is the m-422 the seats are in the tailgate, the a-1 the seats are on the side of the body. The a-1 has a different tailgate. If you look at my avitar you can see it is not an a-1. Early 1963 pic. We had both 422 s amd a-1 s.:beer:
Thanks for pointing that out, I forgot about the difference in the rear seats!

RodUSMC1962

One of my mite # is slightly higher than yours and it is 1961, I assume yours is also.Do you have a title, what does it say? If your data plate does not have a serial # it probably has been replaced at some point, not a problem,you always. have the frame #

RodUSMC1962

Under the hood look on top of frame rail,drivers side,just behind shock mount.How hard is it to get title in NC if you didnt get one at purchase? I bought my first mite in NC w/o title,lucky Ind. is good at getting them .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks