• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternate setup for clutch fork return spring

Buck Wampum

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I got my vehicle, the return spring connecting the clutch fork to the clutch slave cylinder mounting bolt was broken. Hard to replace with the engine and radiator installed.

I saw this set-up (see pic) on another V-100 that had not been touched since it left the Army and it's what I adopted for my vehicle. Now you can reach in over the parking brake drum and change the spring easily. Not sure if this was an army field-improvement bulletin or was some hot-rod spirit in the motor pool.

clutch fork return spring.jpeg

INFChief

When I got my vehicle, the return spring connecting the clutch fork to the clutch slave cylinder mounting bolt was broken. Hard to replace with the engine and radiator installed.

I saw this set-up (see pic) on another V-100 that had not been touched since it left the Army and it's what I adopted for my vehicle. Now you can reach in over the parking brake drum and change the spring easily. Not sure if this was an army field-improvement bulletin or was some hot-rod spirit in the motor pool.

View attachment 865876
Nice!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks