• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator bracket

Awesomlmtv

Apparently I am missing two bolts on the alternator bracket. Appreciate all the posts recommending I check them.

I was not able to find the size and thread of the bolts, does anyone happen to know from experience?

Side note: Thank you for being there SS! These vehicles are so rewarding to work with because of the efforts and collective knowledge of everyone here.

Attachments

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you look them up in the -24P manual, it may say what they are, or you can then google the NSN and it will probably tell you.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you look them up in the -24P manual, it may say what they are, or you can then google the NSN and it will probably tell you.
To clarify...
  1. Look up the part in the -24P manual diagram, and then the corresponding parts list. The description sometimes will read something meaningful (e.g. "Bolt, XXmm x YYmm".
  2. If not, there are cross reference tables in the back of manual that list NSN. Copy the part number of the bolt, and search the manual for that part number. You'll usually find 2 occurrences, one in the parts list you looked it up in, and the other in the NSN cross reference table.
  3. Take the NSN and put it into google. It will come up with a bunch of websites that list information. Look through a few of them, because they don't always seem to have an equal amount of information. In the lists of information, you will often see things like "Diameter: XXmm" and "Length: YYmm".

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Apparently I am missing two bolts on the alternator bracket. Appreciate all the posts recommending I check them.

I was not able to find the size and thread of the bolts, does anyone happen to know from experience?

Side note: Thank you for being there SS! These vehicles are so rewarding to work with because of the efforts and collective knowledge of everyone here.
It looks like you lucked out the studs dont seem to be broke off in the block but you need to take the bolt showing off and turn it around for the nut to be on the other side to get room to replace missing bolts WITH some red lock-tite.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks