• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AM General parts website

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So just found out last night when searching for parts that AM General has their own parts website up and running.
I placed my order, and this morning I received an email from them asking how I found out about their website as they haven't advertised it yet, and if I was part of a government agency or if it was a privately owned vehicle. I also received an order confirmation for it with a very low 2 digit order number.

I recall seeing somewhere that a few vendors had received letters from AM General about using their trademark or logo or something and that there was speculation about them maybe selling parts directly or something like that.

Anyway, website is https://genuinehumveeparts.com/

DREDnot

HOLY COW!
Treasure trove!
Assuming they are peddling the real deal ...to ice out the market to the rising knockoff trade.
I saw lots of stuff I had a hard time finding elsewhere. And some decent pricing. I'll definitely be placing an order.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They have lots of parts stored up and the last bone uncle Sam threw em to stay alive is just about chewed up. So they found out they can peddle the genuine parts people want and need from their stock.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Exactly! Ford GM etc are all to happy to sell parts online, why not AM General? Lots of missing parts though, hope they get EVERYTHING on there soon.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got another email from them. I had answered a couple questions about how I found the site and stuff like that. The response I got was thanking me, and telling me I'm one of the first people to order through the site so he was keeping an eye on my order to make sure everything got shipped out to me smoothly.

My order is less than number 50 in the system, but who knows how many of the ones before mine were real, were for privately owned vehicles, and how many were just test orders through the system.

Some of the parts seem to be pretty good prices, others are a little high in my opinion, but that's just because I only ever see some of those parts as NOS surplus, which doesn't accurately reflect actual cost for new parts.

Ordered a harmonic balancer, crank pulley, and left and right mirror assemblies.

AtlantaSBR

I am interested in the seats. If the come with seat covers and they eventually put the angle bracket for both sides on the site it would be significantly cheaper than what is currently available on the market.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AM General has some fences to mend. They ....AM General legal representation..... indicated in writing "We do not support ANY military vehicles in private hands". If you didn't know........... it's covered here around post #56 https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/mv-illegal-on-highway-in-canada-quebec.190107/page-3

We've written letters to each other so if AM General has turned things around it'll be a great day in the Potato patch. Sounds too good to be true so let's find out. https://www.amgeneral.com/order-parts/#commercial

AM General is a contributing factor to the negative position legislators in both the United States and Canada are having when re-issuing 'registration/title' for on-highway-use.

It would continue to be a benefit for AM General to know the SIZE of community that purchase and privately operate pre-military-service vehicles.

I know we need parts and boycotting AM General doesn't help anyone. I'm suggesting that every Humvee, deuce, 5 ton, jeep, rifle, wagon, trailer, green bolt owner..... call AM General this week.

IF, AM General turns the tables making parts available to the general public and dumping their position on RESTRICTING ALL MV'S in private hands, they should be congratulated by all of us. If they didn't change their position, which I'm guessing is still the situation, it wouldn't hurt to prompt them for a correct decision.

Even is you don't need parts......I'd suggest calling AM General and reminding 'whomever you speak to" that you are part of a World Wide community that
supports re-use of vehicles, previously owned by a military organization.

If you'd prefer to go to the top here are the folks that you ask for.

I can't find a toll free number so if someone stumbles on it, post it please.

Call us at (574) 237-6222 or use the form below to contact us.
http://www.amgeneral.com/contact/

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I browsed and found the same. Some stuff is incredibly reasonable and in line with "normal" pricing. Others are in the giraffe gonads range of stupid expensive.

I welcome them and will check them out when I have needs along with the other vendors who have supported us for a long time.

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AM General has some fences to mend. They ....AM General legal representation..... indicated in writing "We do not support ANY military vehicles in private hands". If you didn't know........... it's covered here around post #56 https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/mv-illegal-on-highway-in-canada-quebec.190107/page-3

We've written letters to each other so if AM General has turned things around it'll be a great day in the Potato patch. Sounds too good to be true so let's find out. https://www.amgeneral.com/order-parts/#commercial

AM General is a contributing factor to the negative position legislators in both the United States and Canada are having when re-issuing 'registration/title' for on-highway-use.

And AMGeneral wants to host/sponsor the 2021 MVPA convention--- They will get an earful from me as they should from every other convention attendee

Z

Gamble

With thousands of Hmmwvs being sold to the public this makes perfect sense for them. They may end up more profitable in the civilian community in the long run. Imagine them running the assembly line again for new Hmmwvs straight to civi market. Possibilities....

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! Thanks Coug! The wiring harness I almost bought last week on eBay is almost half price on the AMG site. And WooHoo, 4L80E shifters for $460.
You rock man!
Bulldogger

donquijote

Wow! Thanks Coug! The wiring harness I almost bought last week on eBay is almost half price on the AMG site. And WooHoo, 4L80E shifters for $460.
You rock man!
Bulldogger
Yeah I'm buying a bunch of half shafts and other parts... loving this website. Props to Coug!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your not going to get anything at a steal from AMG...the usual distributors Have a slight markup to make a profit.
AMG sold to the public many years ago, so this is not new....or, I guess it is for the newbs.
AMG is a poorly run company and makes money in spite of themselve.

NJm998

Your not going to get anything at a steal from AMG...the usual distributors Have a slight markup to make a profit.
AMG sold to the public many years ago, so this is not new....or, I guess it is for the newbs.
AMG is a poorly run company and makes money in spite of themselve.

$58.00 for a steering wheel seemed pretty good to this newbie, unless I missed something?
Specifically, 12446803. A2.

Last edited:

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A wander through their pages shows me that prices vary as compared to other sources we are more used to. We can tell from this that markups from other vendors also vary, sometimes significantly!
BDGR

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
$58.00 for a steering wheel seemed pretty good to this newbie, unless I missed something?
Specifically, 12446803. A2.
That's a BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL for that steering wheel. Double, even triple on E sites. 🚨 think blue

Stock up NOW, CAMO

Last edited:

NJm998

That' a BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL for that steering wheel. Double, even triple on E sites. 🚨 think blue

Stock up NOW, CAMO
As RWH said, a lot of stuff will prob be gov contract price, i.e., a lotta $$, but if you get one or two items for a decent cost, and they aren’t 11 years old/purged/dry rotted outta govstock, take it for what it is.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks