• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

American Lock cargo box key ?

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the "Co-Drivers side storage box" has 2 separate locks by "American Lock".... without mauling the locks to death to remove them,... do they use a generic key?20210807_154222.jpg

Attachments

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what ive read each base had its own locks keyed alike if you have a battery operated grinder just cut the hasp or drill a 1/4 inch hole at the small edge of the key hole where the pins are located drill them out open with a flathead screw driver then you cand buy another cylinder from local lock smith and save the lock .

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you look close the brass circle has an x in it you just take the flat head and turn it till the lock pops open then look down in the hole where the hasp goes into and unscrew that that philips head and the small piece in the bottom of the picture comes out put your new cylinder in button it back up

jasonjc

I've never seen a base keyed alike. Never seen a truck keyed alike. I did rekey the locks in our supply room so they all used the same key.

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never seen a base keyed alike. Never seen a truck keyed alike. I did rekey the locks in our supply room so they all used the same key.
[/QUOTdo you recall if there was a generic key for the locks?..and if so is there a civilian equivalent?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We have a member here that sells military padlocks - Master Locks brand. I have purchased several sets of them and he has the ability to make them all "keyed alike". Makes it nice to have one key on the ring that opens everything MV related at my place...

Master Lock.jpg

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the 25 year old patina…. No keys available….then time to cut them off

oddly enough, the chain is only connected to the lock….where does the other part go?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just cut a piece out of a coke can and slip it in around the shafts and it'll pop it.

Or get you a pick gun and unlock it whenever you want.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I like the 25 year old patina…. No keys available….then time to cut them off

oddly enough, the chain is only connected to the lock….where does the other part go?
In several cases my chains are connected to nothing. Eventually they will be.

The storage bin on the right of the truck has a few things I would like to keep, so I have a chain there and on the toolboxes on the wrecker bed are the same way. It just makes a way to keep stupid from happening. :cool:

Padlock.jpg

Eventually I might do a little better with the chain connection.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Do we by chance have that members name?
Found the link that seems to have gone away. Just got a couple dozen from him several months ago.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks