• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Amtech top install - windshield latches?

badgerd

Electronic Jedi
Working on installing a Amtech Legacy 4 top and am trying to find the windshield latches for it. Calls and emails to Amtech go unanswered, Kascar shows stock but doesn’t have any. I’m now looking for an alternative to the “factory” draw latches. Anyone find an alternative?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ran my top for half a year without the latches, but mine was the mid height top so a little stiffer overall.

it shouldn't take much movement to hold it down, so you're mostly going for strength of the latch, if that makes sense.
But any type of latch should work. I suppose they just went with latches instead of a plate or something to let it shift around a little.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
81382834_833196513767766_4237111273319301120_o.jpg
This is the version I used. As you can see a little different, but more strength for that portion.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I purchased mine directly from Amtech, might try giving them a call, I looked around and did not find any others I wanted to try

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used some cam latches I bought off amazon. If I remember correctly, was adjustable with the long arm able to swivel in the pivot so you make them fit about anything. Not military of course, but did the trick. I used regular rivets to hold them to the window frame and screws for the top itself. The top has wood inside the fiberglass at the mounting locations.

Accessbuy 100Kg 220lbs Holding Capacity Toggle Latch Clamp 4001 (5 Pack) - - Amazon.com

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The MSC ones above look VERY similar to the ones that came with my helmet top
Yes it does, only the original is about 2" wide, if it were me and I could not get the OEM latches I would purchase 4 of these, the more the merrier

badgerd

Electronic Jedi
I was able to order the original latches from McClarin Plastics today. They’ll quote almost any part, just have to ask. The contact for quotes is Steve Mikes smikes@mcclarinplastics.com

I had emailed them before, same email, but now they respond very quickly with a quote and the order processing people are good.

$113.06 shipped is a little high for what they are, but at least they’re the right ones.

Hope anyone else looking is able to get the parts they need!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One other catch that might work; the one for the pioneer tool tray.
I just went out and measured one I have on the wall, it looks to be about 4 to 4.5 inches (adjustable) from the bolt holes for the mounting base to the hook on the end in the closed position.

a pair of them run about $50 shipped.

edit: they also have a lock mechanism so they won't pop open on you if something shifts.

7d82d1dd2496a2f5d1b6184d60fbf263de8954ed-1.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks