• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another m101a2 question

hwcurtice

So, for those that have to, I know not every state requires it, where did you mount your trailer's license plate and how did you illuminate it when placed there?

nopics

For my state, I had the option of getting the smaller motorcycle sized plate, instead of the standard sized one, which makes it less obvious, but easier to place, I hope. I was going to place it on the fender, but I forgot the fender on this is smaller than I realized. Thought I had the fender of a 105... Silly me...

Pawnshop

I bolted magnets on the four corners of the plate and stuck it on the tail gate, no light yet. I have been looking for a battery powered LED unit with no luck so far.

Sorry, no photos at the moment, it is 40 degrees out and raining, I will get some later...

blybrook

I got the small plate (like on motorcycles) and drilled it to accept rivets. Then I placed it on the rear cross member, off center and drilled through it as well. An aluminum rivet on each corner keeps it in place and prevents someone from getting it off easily.

No illumination on it yet; will add a small tail light or license light tied into the running lights at some point. Haven't had any issues yet.

hwcurtice

I was thinking, maybe I could get an old Motorcycle license plate mounting frame, one that has a light, but not a tail light, and use that. Put that on the cross member under the tailgate...

blybrook

I was thinking, maybe I could get an old Motorcycle license plate mounting frame, one that has a light, but not a tail light, and use that. Put that on the cross member under the tailgate...
That would work if you can get a small plate. I didn't go that route as I was all for ground clearance. Plus if I use the trailer as a dumper, the plate won't get caught on the ground and get all bent up.

Sounds like you are on the right track. Enjoy!

hwcurtice

That would work if you can get a small plate. I didn't go that route as I was all for ground clearance. Plus if I use the trailer as a dumper, the plate won't get caught on the ground and get all bent up.

Sounds like you are on the right track. Enjoy!
I have the small plate. I don't see any sense in having a plate that is bigger than the trailer...

Still waiting on pictures...

Pawnshop

Here are some photos, I finally remembered to shoot some in the 3 minutes each weekday that I am outside and it is daylight! Magnets, nuts and bolts. Makes it easy to move the plate around to keep it from being damaged. I have the plate on my M1009 the same way, still trying to figure out a light, but it has not been an issue YET...

Attachments

hwcurtice

For some reason in tax **** Wisco, they don't require plates on any trailer less than 3000#

Most states, it seems goes that way. In Washington State, the motto is "If we can't tax it, it doesn't exist."

Therefore, I have a plate for the back of my trailer. I still have to find time to scrounge around the local motorcycle parts yard for a frame...