• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M129A2 saved from the scraper

jasonjc

Well I brought home another one yesterday:roll:. What was I thinking,

Won it last week from GP out of Ft Riley.

Now what to do with it, I plan on using it for camping at the KAMO Rally.
I'm just not sure what to do about the inside. All the wiring is toast on
the inside, even for the out side clearance lights. DSCN0225[1].jpgDSCN0226[1].jpgDSCN0227[1].jpgDSCN0228[1].jpg

dmetalmiki

Absalutely fabulous buy! wish I had the chance of a truck like that. Wiring? no problem, when you make a camper out of it wire it to you own requirements.

jasonjc

Well after looking it over a little harder ,I see that the sides are rusted out bad at the bottom. The army covered the bottom 8-10" of the sides, with bondo on one side and sheet metal patches over the rust on the other side. Gee why fix the rust when you can just hide itaua. So I'm thinking it mite be easyer to just reskin it all.

Some one on here did that befor but I can't remeber who, If some one can post a link here, that would help a lot. Thanks

Snowtiger

How can anyone not love the potential that unit has, the things you could do with that are endless. I probably will never have a shot at anything like that up here in Canuckistan

jasonjc

20150401_130042.jpg20150401_130016.jpg20150401_125949.jpg20150401_125943.jpgFound out why the one tire was flat. Found a razor blade stuck to what was left of the tube. At first I thought it was left in the tire, but found a cut in the tire that looks like it was made by the blade.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks