• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M38 Project

GaMillerman

Though I would post photos of the M38 I am now working on. Found the Vehicle in a barn in NE Virginia where it had been parked for 8-10 yrs. Engine still turned over although after taking the head off all the intake vales are pretty rusted. Very solid body and frame. It couldnt have been used much in the service since there were only two coats of OD paint on it. Had the original hood numbers (two sets..the second applied after the repaint; both were the same. Odometer only shows 24000 mi and I tend to believe this is the original miliage. I hope to be close to finished by September

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wow, looks pretty original and unmolested.

GaMillerman

It was........all the vent lines were still on. The only major thing missing was the air cleaner assy; no top bow either although all the brackets were still there. Somewhere along the line the head was replaced with a civilian head so I hope I dont find anything major wrong with the engine when I get into it.
Anyone out there have a left rear tailight cover in good shape stamped Autolite? I have several NOS M series tail light rebuild kits for both right and left sides. Would be willing to trade a set for one face plate.
And btw Clinto; nice to see some one from Georgia. The state association here seems small compared to the surrounding states (and from Oklahoma, where I am from).

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
And btw Clinto; nice to see some one from Georgia. The state association here seems small compared to the surrounding states (and from Oklahoma, where I am from).
There are actually a lot of us here (Ga. guys) but most of us have Deuces

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks