• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another So-Cal newb-a-loid

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey y'all, been kickin' around this site since I dunno' when, but the 'bug' finally got me and won bid on an M1008 in Barstow... still waiting on EUC. Anyway, this site is a literal treasure trove of info that I've used over the years, and I wonder why I waited so long to join. Anyway, looking forward to some local events and maybe making a few friends to boot.

Best of luck to all

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We do a get together a couple of times a year out at Stoddard. Good to see another SoCAl person. If you go to the calendar on the right side of the main page, click on the 11th..it should be highlited. The SCMVCC swapmeet is this weekend. Might be a bit of low attendance, it is Old Fort Mac weekend, but, i'll be there to open up. C'mon down! Directions are on the calendar.

Attachments

998Junkie

Welcome and hope to see you at the Next DB...

Is it too early to start talking about the spring run?

I have my CDL but first my M146 blew it's air chamber diaphram and a wheel cylinder rebuild as well. Then I go to shake out the M818 and notice my front brake hose is leaking.aua

Was going to take the whole package to the meeting this week, I'm teetering though.:)

Brett09

We do a get together a couple of times a year out at Stoddard. Good to see another SoCAl person. If you go to the calendar on the right side of the main page, click on the 11th..it should be highlited. The SCMVCC swapmeet is this weekend. Might be a bit of low attendance, it is Old Fort Mac weekend, but, i'll be there to open up. C'mon down! Directions are on the calendar.
I'll be talking to the old lady in the morning about going out there.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome pics there Will! When the locals see you all in convoy like that they must wonder if it's RED DAWN or something!

HA~!rofl

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haven't checked back on the forum for several days and want to say a big thanks to all for the welcome(s). And believe it or not I got thru ALL pages of the Spring Run as well as last year's fall get-together... wheeew! But it all looks like a lotta fun! And not 20 mins from my house? MAN--- I'm gonna' have to take the M1008 out there (when/IF) they finally clear my EUC.

Anyway, thanks again all... got some other threads to look in on...

Later

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks