• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any clues what the fiberglass cargo top for a 1083 bed was called?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for the m- number for that top ive only seen one ever sold out of the kansas base on gov planet it was tan and had a big redish orange scourch or burn on the side of it but nothing you couldnt paint over

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I seem to remember that I put the MWO book into the TM section. If you mean the hard top with storage space in both sides?
This thing was sitting on the ground in gravel it had 3 windows and 3 pop out vents on each side of it like on the sleeper of a tractor trailer with big opening on back missing the barn doors that came with it !

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
AMTECH makes 2.5 and 5 ton truck versions

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AMTECH makes 2.5 and 5 ton truck versions

Thanks i had found that a while back im trying to find out the M- number like m-1095 or what ever might make it easier to find under the proper call sign .

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are only M numbers for vehicles/trailers/equipment

This is the pop up version
Thats even cooler ! I thought it might have a number like s-250 s 280 or something!!! No worries ! Do you ever run across either one of the hard tops ?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thats even cooler ! I thought it might have a number like s-250 s 280 or something!!! No worries ! Do you ever run across either one of the hard tops ?
It's just a helmet top. Not a shelter with a designation. I've seen them at yards just not that common unless it's on a hmmwv.

You can try calling AMtech and getting the NSN off their part number.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know they are limited in surplus/civilian hands. A few FMTV shells got out a few years back through GP but they were rough and just the shell. No doors, windows, locks, etc. They'd be awesome to have for sure! I managed to grab an LTT (for HMMWV) by accident that was still in the crate and AM General came knocking on my door wanting it for a project.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know they are limited in surplus/civilian hands. A few FMTV shells got out a few years back through GP but they were rough and just the shell. No doors, windows, locks, etc. They'd be awesome to have for sure! I managed to grab an LTT (for HMMWV) by accident that was still in the crate and AM General came knocking on my door wanting it for a project.
The picture i posted above for the 5 ton is the only one i ever saw on gp and it went thru twice to finally sale out of kansas base it had the big red scorch mark on its side and it went for 1200 best i remember but i searched that and it was already removed i beleave it was in 2018

Guyfang

Staff member
My buddy told me, just like Simp wrote, no M-number. He also said that it might be listed in the TM9-2320-333-10HR or TM9-2320-333-14. Its been a while since he saw one, and is not real sure what TM its in, but was fairly sure, its listed in the TM.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My buddy told me, just like Simp wrote, no M-number. He also said that it might be listed in the TM9-2320-333-10HR or TM9-2320-333-14. Its been a while since he saw one, and is not real sure what TM its in, but was fairly sure, its listed in the TM.
Thanks across the pond !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks