• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any Cummins ISB gurus here?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You'll need EGR block off plates. You'll also need to have the ECM custom tuned to dump the EGR and DPF crap. Might want to contact smarty power or H&S to see if they can help you with a programmer/flasher, since that doesn't have the same setup as a dodge truck.

trades2much

You'll need EGR block off plates. You'll also need to have the ECM custom tuned to dump the EGR and DPF crap. Might want to contact smarty power or H&S to see if they can help you with a programmer/flasher, since that doesn't have the same setup as a dodge truck.

Hey Gerald,

Smarty, H&S, or Bullydog cant do anything with your programming, they are setup do do strictly Dodge Cummins programming, the industrial motor has a completely different ECM. Also there is no DPF do deal with, that engine would have had EGR only. I will try to get you the number for Chip with Blue-Chip diesel, he does the programing for the module that TCS and Banks sells for motorhome applications. I still think Cummins can do it with the Insite software.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ahh if that's the case, just get the EGR block off plates, leave the EGR solenoid hooked up to the harness (but not plumbed in). And let it ride.

trades2much

Ahh if that's the case, just get the EGR block off plates, leave the EGR solenoid hooked up to the harness (but not plumbed in). And let it ride.
That wont work either, not only does the ECU look for resistance at the solenoid, it looks for a change in intake air temp to monitor EGR efficiency. Been there done that... Just going to have to pull off all the garbage, replace the air intake horn and exhaust manifold with a non EGR set, have cummins reflash the ECU to a NON-Emissions CPL or put a piece of duct-tape over the check engine lamp and run with it... lol the industrial engine has a diagnostic lamp, a check engine lamp and a shutdown lamp, the diagnostic lamp will flash codes when the ECU is in diagnostic mode (either with a switch or by depressing the throttle 3 times after key-on), the shutdown lamp lights when a critical parameter is out of range ie. oil press, temp, etc. and last of all the check engine lamp lights when a non-critical parameter is out of range or a trouble code has set like " your EGR valve is missing!!! "

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sounds like the same setup the wife's jeep liberty diesel has. Since there isn't a non-egr flash for it. (And I didn't want to buy a GDE, Kerma, or Inmotion tune) I chose to use the SEGR box. I did have to cut the engine harness to install it, but it's not that involved. It "tricks" the ECM into thinking the IAT and EGR are still working. But if you can flash it, that'd be easier.

wgtactical

I'm kinda stuck until I can get some info on what I can remove. The turbo piping and intercooler configuration, along with the lower side of the radiator piping will be determined after I get the EGR part resolved. Guess it's time to move out of the engine bay for a while.

Not to worry, there's plenty to do on the exterior as well :twisted:

Thanks guys for the continued input!

trades2much

ecm diagram part# 4021347 $15.47
exhaust clamp part# 3903652 $34.80
service manual w/ecm diagram part#4021271 118.65

Babbs Steering and Hydraulics 800-783-3748

will know within the next hour about the EGR delete.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks