• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any ideas as to how we can get Fiat-Chrysler to dump their bogus Jeep replicas?

saddamsnightmare

July 24th, 2016.

Anyone here have good connections with Fiat Chrysler? Any chance we can get them to dump their bogus project pickups and bring in some rebadged KIA M425's (Diesel M715) series trucks. From what I have seen of late, Chrysler, as usual, is pi--ing in the wind and is sure to come up with junk that's not really FWD, but just looks like it.8)

big block 88

Chrysler is in a death spiral and its only getting worse. With fiat begging GM to buy out dodge/chrysler and GM wanting nothing to do with them it may not be long till they go the way of plymoth.

saddamsnightmare

July 24th, 2016.

I can easily understand the situation with Jeep, as the YC's were not bad, as they were simple 4 cylinder Jeeps, with the worst feature being the idiotic layout of the gauges all over the dashboard. The later post YJ's have been rather over-engineered and nothing like the reliability of the original Jeeps. Plus I have had my long wheelbase Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (2006) get high centered in places that even an M170 wouldn't hang up on, and I know FWD's......:roll:

Maybe KIA military will take the hint and fill the void, as the original M715's had many good points in their design, and as KIA uses a diesel, they should be light years ahead of some of the conversions (to the 715), and I would suspect many parts would interchange or at least be useable on the M715 survivors.:wink:

saddamsnightmare

October 7th, 2016.

Depending on what happens to my next posting, I may (or may not) be able to get over to Korea and see if KIA can do a factory overhaul on pre-1990/1 KM450's. From my understanding, as the truck would be 25+ years old, it would only have to meet the safety/emission regulations in effect for that class of truck in the year built. It might be possible to bring them in as antique military trucks.......:???:

Hey, guys,
M715 parts are getting short. Even suppliers, which 6 years ago had parts in stock, run short these days. The M715 is a truck which seems not to be interesting for partrs dealers or for remade parts. Number to small.
Unfortionationally I can say nothing about Koreran parts in relation to OEM.
For my second Kaiser I take in mind to change to K30 axles for better service ablety, especially for brake parts. However, I'm not through with that issue. Some unknown issues (So far no brake calculation.).
Greetings
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks