• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any member near Wales, Mi?

TheQuaker

All-
I have a friend who is thinking of buying this 5 ton located in Wales and if anyone is close and could check it out, that would be awesome.
@kendelrio

It's a hike for me, but if no one closer chimes in I would be happy to try to get up there in a few days when my schedule allows and go over it if your buddy can stand to wait that long. I'd hate to see your buddy agree to drop ~30K for a truck without getting a neutral set of eyes on it first.

Wales is actually much closer to @Bill Nutting 's AO. He may know of someone even closer who could go out and take a look...

I saw that truck pop up on FB a few weeks ago. Looks really solid in the listing pictures. There's a lot of "extras" going on there...

Let me know if nothing else pans out and I'll see what I can do.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@kendelrio

It's a hike for me, but if no one closer chimes in I would be happy to try to get up there in a few days when my schedule allows and go over it if your buddy can stand to wait that long. I'd hate to see your buddy agree to drop ~30K for a truck without getting a neutral set of eyes on it first.

Wales is actually much closer to @Bill Nutting 's AO. He may know of someone even closer who could go out and take a look...

I saw that truck pop up on FB a few weeks ago. Looks really solid in the listing pictures. There's a lot of "extras" going on there...

Let me know if nothing else pans out and I'll see what I can do.
I appreciate it. I asked the seller to send a video of it starting and running and he stated he would do it this weekend, so patience is the key here. I've explained to my friend to not send any money etc, even if the seller asks for "earnest money" via the internet. Do everything in person. 30k is a big hit for a truck and I would hate for my friend to be a victim etc as this is their first MV. I've encouraged them to join the site and browse.

I appreciate you.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My friend is a complete newb, no offense and has fallen in love with the bells and whistles. It seems like a solid truck and I'm working on the assumption the seller made honest mistakes.

But I'm also skeptical of everything nowadays and would prefer the truck to be checked out and hopefully @TheQuaker gets a feel for the seller before any money exchanges hands

ToddJK

That's around a 172 miles for me. Be hard for me to find the time to do that with my kids school schedule and moms work schedule. Plus I'm not experienced in 5 ton trucks to know of any additional types of red flags to look for that differ from the deuce.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks