• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone built there own ring mount?

redcoat54th

OK, so when the originals cost an arm and three legs maybe its time to rething. Has anyone built their own ring mount. I have seen the single tube M-60 mounts but a .50 Cal ring would look the part for a Vietnam era truck.
Any pictures or adivce for the group would be most welcome. I am building my own 37mm Anti-tank gun so fabrication is not a problem. I would like it to look as authentic as possible without going overboard. After all; I will be hanging a replica Ma Deuce up there and weight is not a issue yet alone recoil.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I would think that your time and effort are worth something.

The last I heard the rings themselves were going for around 600 bucks, three legs around 600 then you have to hunt the cradle and associated hardware.

The whole thing should come in around 1500........can you re-create one for less??

If so there might be a market just like there is for the faux weapons themselves.

Keep us posted on your progress.

redcoat54th

Wreckerman893 I can build a lot for $1200. I have access to shop tools, welder and so on. The metal is the cheap part. Pipe and flat plate. Rolling the ring with thick material will have to be out sourced but even that in not too expensive. I would love to get ahold of some blueprints or close up pics with dimentions.
I will have only about $500 in my cannon and it will be hard to tell from the real thing 10 paces out. I have in mind to build a 105 to tow with the M35 someday. I would rather fiddle in the workshop and build something than get a second job or watch TV all night. LOL:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks