• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone familiar with power distribution box on M1083

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Question for the electrical gurus on here know if we can do away with this box and bolt the cables directly to each other { from same post of coarse} I was cleaning the 4 post on mine today and got to the bottom of the 4th stud takeing the nut off with a 4 in long 1/4 in ratchet and not even hard to turn and BAM i snap off the stud off flush at the box ! Does anyone know which stud does what on the box from top to bottom? What to do can i just bolt those 2 cables togeather and leave the others conected to the dist box or just remove the box??????

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The consensus here is it’s ok to get rid of or bypass the polarity protection device. Just don’t make a mistake if you jump it off because lots of expensive stuff will go poof.
There are 4 terminals, 2 are 12 volt in and out, the other 2 are 24 volt in and out. Most people do just like you say, double lug the appropriate cables together on one stud.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The consensus here is it’s ok to get rid of or bypass the polarity protection device. Just don’t make a mistake if you jump it off because lots of expensive stuff will go poof.
There are 4 terminals, 2 are 12 volt in and out, the other 2 are 24 volt in and out. Most people do just like you say, double lug the appropriate cables together on one stud.
Thanks i was just reading one of your replys on this same subject , Since it was the bottom lug i will just move those 2 cables up to the next lug which i beleave thats all 12 volt i was going to put a meter on it in the morning to double check !! Ronmar i think it was not sure i read a bunch had said i could get a 150 amp fuse and put it between the good and bad post .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks