• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone from NE Ohio?

ohfiredude

Anyone from the NE Ohio area (Cleveland, Akron, Canton, Ashtabula, Sandusky, Youngstown/Warren, Mansfield)?

I'm looking for some SS members I can connect with.

Dave

ToddJK

Is anyone hear thinking about the upcoming rally in Tennessee this October? I'm trying to get things worked out and if I can, going through Ohio anyways, we could all run a convoy down there should others want to join.

ohfiredude

ToddJK,

Thanks!

I'd like to go, but need to fix the CTIS connectivity and get new tires for the truck. I'll be more active after then.

OFD

Is anyone hear thinking about the upcoming rally in Tennessee this October? I'm trying to get things worked out and if I can, going through Ohio anyways, we could all run a convoy down there should others want to join.

ToddJK

ToddJK,

Thanks!

I'd like to go, but need to fix the CTIS connectivity and get new tires for the truck. I'll be more active after then.

OFD
I completely understand, it's a trip to be prepared for, lol, but there is always next year in which I'm hoping I'd be able to convince a few SS members from the MI area to go as well.

ToddJK

As much as I would like to, that’s just to much of a haul for my old truck; and for me in the truck haha
It's like a 12-14hr drive for most of us up this way, probably about a 16hr drive for me. It was 14hrs to drive from Northern Tennessee to Sparta MI when I bought my truck and that was almost 800 miles. This is a little over 900 from me. It's also a reason why if a few of us went, it would benefit us greatly to convoy down there, we'd have our own little logistics team should someone have an issue. I know if I drove my deuce down, I'd be getting a hotel for at least one night. Haspin was fun and all, but it's very limited for big trucks like the deuce. Sounds like the new rally in Tennessee will give the members a lot more options as far as that goes.

ohfiredude

It's like a 12-14hr drive for most of us up this way, probably about a 16hr drive for me. It was 14hrs to drive from Northern Tennessee to Sparta MI when I bought my truck and that was almost 800 miles. This is a little over 900 from me. It's also a reason why if a few of us went, it would benefit us greatly to convoy down there, we'd have our own little logistics team should someone have an issue. I know if I drove my deuce down, I'd be getting a hotel for at least one night. Haspin was fun and all, but it's very limited for big trucks like the deuce. Sounds like the new rally in Tennessee will give the members a lot more options as far as that goes.
ToddJK,

(y)Yep, I hear ya about doing a group convoy! I didn't know that Haspin was limited for the bigger trucks.

OFD

ToddJK

ToddJK,

(y)Yep, I hear ya about doing a group convoy! I didn't know that Haspin was limited for the bigger trucks.

OFD
I guess Haspin used to be a lot better back in the day. With all the side by sides and such tearing all the trails up, it's very uncomfortable and punishing on the bigger MV's. Wouldn't matter much if you didn't care about tearing it up.
As for what I have, '69 Jeep Kaiser M35A2.

Attachments

DaneGer21

Attachments

ohfiredude

I guess Haspin used to be a lot better back in the day. With all the side by sides and such tearing all the trails up, it's very uncomfortable and punishing on the bigger MV's. Wouldn't matter much if you didn't care about tearing it up.
As for what I have, '69 Jeep Kaiser M35A2.
Nice truck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks