• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ANYONE have parts for a 2.3 L cummins?

ODdave

I have a military 4in water pump that has a A-series cummins 2.3 (onan L423) engine. I would love to get this thing going but the IP is junk. ANYONE have anything laying around or know of anything?

It is a stanadyne db2 147-0462-03

P.S. Head & rotor are junk, water got in the fuel.........RUST

ODdave

Also dose any know what this pump might have been used for? The only thing I found what that it might have been used on a 6000 gal tanker....

Rockcrusher

what is wrong is it stuck wont pump i had one that wouldnt pump an took a propane torch an heated it up a bit spun it over an took air an blowed into the pump outlets an got it to work

Isaac-1

You are going to have a hard time finding parts, What you have is an Onan L423 engine. When Cummins bought out Onan they first renamed the engine, then killed it off some say to keep it from competing with their in house designs. There are also reports online that Cummins scraped all the parts from the production line in order to eliminate support for the engine. On top of that the Stanadyne DB series pump is discontinued and some of the rebuild parts are hard to find making rebuilding cost about twice as much as it does on the more common members of the DB family.

Ike

p.s. this engine was commonly used on the Onan DL-4 generators, if you google them you will get a fair idea of the isses

Last edited:

ODdave

Update. I finally got it running, still in need of a cam ring because there was rust pitting on mine but after robbing the weight cage, rollers, plungers, and a bunch of other stuff out of a 6.2 pump it runs. Quite well to I must say. The injectors where all junk as well but I had a few spares from a l634 that worked to get it going. I will have to adjust the pressure down from 170 bar to 130 as they came off a turbo charged unit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks