• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone in KY or TN got a hitch I can borrow?

jon1996

Well I am headed out in the morning at 0400 to get my 2 M105's from FT Campbell, I could not find a trailer in time so I am going to stack them and pull them that way, I called Mike at the Base today and he said he would try and have them already stacked for me, before I get there, But he did not promise he could hes the only one there,

But I have the Pintle combo hitch but it only has 4 sets of holes and it only gets me at around 22" of height, I was wondering if any SS members would be on my way down either the Cumberland PKY then 65 or the western KY Pky then over to TN, If anyone would have a tall hitch I could borrow, I would rent it and mail it back to you, But I know its a long shot, if I was pulling one I would not worry about it and use mine but 2 I do not like the angle the trailers will be sitting at, But if by chancea anyone has one and would not mind letting me borrow it you can reach me by replying to this thread or PM, My local TSC only has one with 5 sets of holes and 1" isn't going to make a difference,

Oh I will be taking pics of the recovery process to post here, because I like looking at all the recovery, and if anyone wants anything looked at at F Campbell let me know and I will try and look at it for ya,
Jon

I have one, but i'm too far away.
What are you going to pull them with? It could get interesting having stacked trailers with no brakes. I have had an M105 get a bit wild on me, with just a load of gates, behind my super duty.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The hitch you've got will work. The trailers will be headed "downhill" but that's ok. Just make sure you have some sort of jack because the trailer jack won't go down that low. A high-lift jack works perfect.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks