• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone near Sodus, NY and coming toward TN or MS?

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a new M1008 cargo cover w/ bows kit from a guy off craigslist and he lives in Sodus, NY.​

map:​

I live in middle TN, but could meet you in a neighboring state (IN, KY, AL, GA). Also could receive it at Camp Shelby, MS if someone was coming to do a recovery.​

Worth some $$$ for fuel if a SS member was coming from NY heading west or southwest ???​

Thanks.​

Mike​

Last edited:

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get it to me in Stockholm NJ by the 28th and I can bring it to the NC rally. I'm moving to King NC April 1st but need to be loaded by the 28th.
Aggopian,

Looking on the map, I think it will be a stretch to get my cover kit to you in time for your depature to NC (good luck on the move to NC BTW...!); however, you never know... :wink:

Thanks for stepping up to the plate and offering to help out - really appreciate that! :grin:

Regards,

Mike

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Send a PM to LanceRobson. He has family in NC and lives about 60 miles South of Sodus.

LanceRobson

Well, I'm not going to NC for 4 month's or so since I just got back from a week there.

But there may be a way to do this deal yet. I'm about 50 minutes from Sodus and I'll be at the Sussex show (Augusta, NJ) on the weekend of the 27th-29th. What are the chances your seller could get it to me?

3653 Center Street Rd.
Auburn, NY 13021

I've got a very busy next week and a half and don't see getting free to pick the stuff up.

Is it boxed up or loose?

If he can get it to me I can get it to the show which is about 15-20 miles from Stockholm, NJ. I don't think I'd be able to leave the show for long enough to drop it off unless (maybe) it could be late on the 28th.

You might try a post on the bring/buy/sell thread for the Sussex show to see if someone can get it from Augusta to Stockholm. If you need my phone number, PM me.

Another alternative is that we could get it to Aberdeen next month and a post to that bring/buy/sell thread might work too since there are usually attendees from down your way.

Lance

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I'm not going to NC for 4 month's or so since I just got back from a week there.

But there may be a way to do this deal yet. I'm about 50 minutes from Sodus and I'll be at the Sussex show (Augusta, NJ) on the weekend of the 27th-29th. What are the chances your seller could get it to me?

3653 Center Street Rd.
Auburn, NY 13021

I've got a very busy next week and a half and don't see getting free to pick the stuff up.

Is it boxed up or loose?

If he can get it to me I can get it to the show which is about 15-20 miles from Stockholm, NJ. I don't think I'd be able to leave the show for long enough to drop it off unless (maybe) it could be late on the 28th.

You might try a post on the bring/buy/sell thread for the Sussex show to see if someone can get it from Augusta to Stockholm. If you need my phone number, PM me.

Another alternative is that we could get it to Aberdeen next month and a post to that bring/buy/sell thread might work too since there are usually attendees from down your way.

Lance
Lance and Doghead,

Many thanks.

Looks like the seller is about 50 miles from you Lance. He is not a SS guy, so don't know if he'll be willing to deliver? I'll find out though and his son is going to VA early May (detailed in my other post), so maybe he could swing by you to drop it off?

The cover kit is loose, but he had a pic of the shipping box so don't know if he kept it or tossed it. I got the hardware kit and instructions, so all that's left is the cover, pipes (bows) and bed/tailgate rails.

No hurry on getting it, just trying to get it my way cheap as possible; however, I'll pay SS members some bucks for dealing with it.

I'll do a wants/needs post for the local MV shows you recommended.

Again, thanks guys!

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you know if your supplier has another kit? I talked to someone last night who is looking for one.

Lance
Lance,

No, this was a civilian who had a brand new kit, listed it on craigslist and I don't know where he got it from.

Mike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks