• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone own and routinely drive an M911?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I have a chance to get one, but am concerned about drivability, turn radius, maintenance, parts, etc...
Anyone care to share firsthand experience?
requires an over width permit to operate.
Wheel studs are about $57 each i know that. 1400 24 tires aren't common but found. Would be cheaper to swap to another wheel/tire combo.

Least you are in south Texas and have acres to turn around. They do pull well though. Few customers use them in rock quarrys that are in the east TN mountains. Slow but will pull.

Transmissions are basically a giant ht740 series like a Hemtt uses. 911 and m1070 share the same Transmission. It's reliable but pricey cause of the clbt prefix

Mustangsud

requires an over width permit to operate.
Wheel studs are about $57 each i know that. 1400 24 tires aren't common but found. Would be cheaper to swap to another wheel/tire combo.

Least you are in south Texas and have acres to turn around. They do pull well though. Few customers use them in rock quarrys that are in the east TN mountains. Slow but will pull.

Transmissions are basically a giant ht740 series like a Hemtt uses. 911 and m1070 share the same Transmission. It's reliable but pricey cause of the clbt prefix
When you say slow, will they go 50-55 lightly loaded on hardball?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drove one on a ranch in west Texas years ago. Fun, slow yet gutsy.

If registered in Texas as a Former Military Vehicle (see thread on Texas FMV LAWS linked in my signature block) overwidth is NOT a problem. HOWEVER, TxFMV registrations is for OCCASIONAL USE ONLY - not to be a DAILY DRIVER.... Again, READ all about your TEXAS FMV LAWS in the linked thread.

Good luck in your pre-purchase research.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks